+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sigil of the Unfaltering Knight

Sigil of the Unfaltering Knight

I did a little casual testing when i got this, I'm yet to see it not proc.

53 def rating works out around 10 def skill, and given that the buff lasts 30sec proccing off a spell you're casting once every 20 sec, and it procs off missed casts too..

I get the feeling Blizz intend for us to take that as 'always up' and therefore gem below the def cap? I have 18 points of defense skill to lose through regemming if I decide to take the sigil as 'always active'.

Thoughts?

yeah.. thats what i though till my icy touch missed on the pull and patchwork 1 shot crit me for like a million

Yes, the idea is to have the sigil uptime up near "perfect".

Also, people has to realize that defense is not really a stat you try to avoid and balance around a specific number. More defense gives you a *lot* of avoidance, and a better IBF to boot.

i still like the first sigil that dk's get the added dmg to blood and heart strike is kinda op in my eyes

I dunno

Given my current gear level and how they changed the previous badge sigil, I'd rather have that one.

Raid buffed and my level 70 tanking flask I have 40.1k hp(blood) and 551 def.

So I'd much rather that that evera 3.7% chance to crit and have more threat that way.

But it is definitely a big boost to those with lesser gear and want to have a decent health pool because you can assume it will always be up.

I think that Konfusions situation is pretty much one in a million.

I really think the sigil was built to help with hero tanks trying to maintain 540 when upgrading gear at that lvl. It might be a nifty avoidance sigil at this point for me, but I rather like the 25 man sigil for threat!! 5.5K SS in full tank gear is fun.
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

I'd rather go Stoneskin Gargoyle + Heigan sigil (or without that the haunted dreams sigil), if I was looking for the extra defense for IBF. The sigil is merely to give a hand to those that are gearing up.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

Its an avoidance sigil, wear it for more avoidance or wear the heigan/badge sigil for more tps depending on the encounter. Personally I don't have too much trouble on threat as I usually run with a prot pally. Atm I run with 592 defense skill (with sigil up).

I use it for avoidance. I also got the Superior achievement the moment I equiped it

If threat becomes an issue, I can always switch it out, but right now I need avoidance more than threat. I'm sure that won't always be the case, though.

i swapped out a couple defense gems when i got this, and i have never seen it -not- proc off an IT cast. i currently sit at 536 defense without the benefit of the sigil. IT has a range of 20 yards so you will be casting it before you are in melee range of the boss. even if it misses, the boss would have to crit you on their first attack, which is <1% chance if you stay heroic-capped. i really don't see it being an issue.

I don't have the unfaltering knight sigil yet, nor do i have the Sigil of Awareness (tho damn, i really want that one)

I'm currently using the Sigil of the Frozen Conscience to boost my Icy Touch power, and believe me it does make quite a difference.

Previously, my Icy Touch was hitting for around 1000-1050 on a regular hit, and 2900-3000 on a rare crit.

Now, with the sigil, its regular hits are 1400-1500 and crits are anything from 4100 to 4300.

I imagine it'll turn out to be a similar improvement for the other venture bay sigils as well.

+ Reply to Thread