+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for some gear advice

Warrior gear advice - expertise, avoidance, etc.

I'm looking for a little gear advice as I've started to pick up a few new pieces, and frankly, balancing all these different stats is driving me a bit insane.

Here's my current armory link: The World of Warcraft Armory
    Rough stats in current gear:
    • Armor: 23196
    • Health: 27601
    • Defense: 542
    • Dodge: 21.4%
    • Parry: 17.44%
    • Block: 19.51%
    • Expertise: 23 (5.75%)
    • Hit Rating: 137 (4.18%)
    Here's the additional gear that I have that I'm not currently wearing on the armory:
    Valor Medal of the First War - Item - World of Warcraft
    Greaves of Turbulence - Item - World of Warcraft
    Abomination Shoulderblades - Item - World of Warcraft

Currently I wear the block value trinket and the Greaves of Turbulence for trash and the valor medal and the T7 legs for bosses.

I'm wondering what to do with the Abomination Shoulderblades -- they'll drop my expertise a good amount, but I'll gain some avoidance. Are they worth swapping in for a 'boss set' as well?

Any other comments on my gear, etc are certainly welcome.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who bothers to look over all those links to help me out
    /K
    Last edited by kaegan; 01-21-2009 at 11:22 AM. Reason: changed title

By looking over your gear this is what I would do.

Well first your +hit is low very low actually, so you're probably seeing misses which would lower your threat and DPS.

What I suggest is to first of all replace that +18 stm on your shield with a +20 defense. This would free up a +def gem for a +expertise. I would also replace the +2% threat enchant with the +15 expertise. This will give you 31 expertise more.

Now if you put on those shoulders and socket them with +expertise, you would be gaining expertise, hit and dodge for a minor lost of defense and stamina.

I personally wouldn't use the trinket accept for fights like OT on patchworks. From what I know, Dodge scales pretty bad after 20% and will only lower your threat and DPS. You could say that it would save some healing mana, but I would argue that more DPS would do the same. I keep my block trinket on for 90% of the fights with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Persipnei View Post
    By looking over your gear this is what I would do.

Well first your +hit is low very low actually, so you're probably seeing misses which would lower your threat and DPS.

What I suggest is to first of all replace that +18 stm on your shield with a +20 defense. This would free up a +def gem for a +expertise. I would also replace the +2% threat enchant with the +15 expertise. This will give you 31 expertise more.

Now if you put on those shoulders and socket them with +expertise, you would be gaining expertise, hit and dodge for a minor lost of defense and stamina.

I personally wouldn't use the trinket accept for fights like OT on patchworks. From what I know, Dodge scales pretty bad after 20% and will only lower your threat and DPS. You could say that it would save some healing mana, but I would argue that more DPS would do the same. I keep my block trinket on for 90% of the fights with no issues.
    Thanks for the response!

I haven't seen many misses or had much of an issue with threat, but I agree, more hit would be good and I'll be sure to try out what you suggest.

RE: the dodge trinket -- I think we're on the same page there; I generally keep with the block trinket for the huge shield slams, subbing in the dodge trinket only on a few fights.

I guess my only other question was the pants: T7 vs The Greaves of Turbulence - Item - World of Warcraft. They both have about the same dodge + defense, but the T7 carries parry while the other one has block (and a bit more stamina). I know parry is a pretty crappy stat to stack, but I do like to have some of it. Is it worthwhile swapping in and out like I do now, or can I toss the T7 and just use the other pants?

+ Reply to Thread