+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tank hitting 2k DPS.

selfbuffed on a heroic boss with not to high swingtime: 2,5~2,6k dps.
    It's not hard, just pick the right equip set and gem the right way.
    15k~ SS are doing fine. ( in tank gear btw, not pve mix or pvp )
    Last edited by Disruptor; 01-26-2009 at 05:31 AM.

Kor, dps on patch also depend on your raid, faster they are is less time spent with no bloodlust/heroism and your dps will depend on that as you seem to have right gear setup and rotation working. Same goes for 5 man heroic as you know.
    You doing great work keeping this dps up as a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by DogShep View Post
    That's not THAT amazing for 2600... I pulled 2200 on 10man.

Wow Web Stats
    Yeah, I thought it would've been higher but it took us a while to down him. If he went down in 2 minutes my DPS would've most likely been higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Disruptor View Post
    selfbuffed on a heroic boss with not to high swingtime: 2,5~2,6k dps.
    It's not hard, just pick the right equip set and gem the right way.
    15k~ SS are doing fine. ( in tank gear btw, not pve mix or pvp )
    Yes, I hit the same numbers in heroics too (See previous posts). I figured I would get higher numbers in heroics with the raid buffs, but totally forgot that raid bosses are 3 levels higher than me when compared to two in heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrante View Post
    Kor, dps on patch also depend on your raid, faster they are is less time spent with no bloodlust/heroism and your dps will depend on that as you seem to have right gear setup and rotation working. Same goes for 5 man heroic as you know.
    You doing great work keeping this dps up as a warrior.
    Thanks! I was starting to come to the same conclusion myself, because the rankings for warrior tanks doing 3k dps on patchwerk were in fights that lasted for only two minutes and less.

You should know better than to post a thread telling everyone what numbers you hit - didnt you know that 50 people would post much higher reports than you within seconds? I'd like to see proof personally :P

Anyways... what I'm interested in: where do you rank on total raid damage in 25 mans - bosses & trash included. Near the top? Near the bottom? Or in the middle? I'm trying to understand the differences in total damage output by warrs, pallies and druids, so I'm curious of other people's experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Stearns View Post
    You should know better than to post a thread telling everyone what numbers you hit - didnt you know that 50 people would post much higher reports than you within seconds? I'd like to see proof personally :P

Anyways... what I'm interested in: where do you rank on total raid damage in 25 mans - bosses & trash included. Near the top? Near the bottom? Or in the middle? I'm trying to understand the differences in total damage output by warrs, pallies and druids, so I'm curious of other people's experiences.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but did you read the thread in its entirety? For every number that I put up, I also put up a wow web stats link.

In 25-mans I'm easily the top 10 overall in dps (Because we pug alot and have casual players in our guild) In ten mans though I'm the bottom feeder, but can put out numbers close to 25-man.

I'm pretty sure I can keep up with a paladin in damage because of thunderclap and shockwave. I never tanked with a deathknight though so I don't know what kind of numbers they can put out.

didn't lookup the forums for a couple of days, so a late response..

Quote Originally Posted by Juon View Post
    Minya, paladins doing 2k+ tanking 5 mans is normal. Paladins, DKs and warriors dont use the same benchmarks.
    never mentioned anything else

Quote Originally Posted by thanatas View Post
    Yeah I'm not impressed with a pally doing 2k+ dps. Show me a warrior doing this. You got me all excited =p

I still think pallys hammer of hit 5mobs with no mitigation (spell based) is OP as all get out.
    1.: the thread-starter is a warri, no paladin.
    2.: hammer of the righteouss hits 3targets not 5 (far superior to cleave ....) and its melee-based, doing 400% of weapon-dps, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Grimace View Post
    Skarvald and Dalronn aren't a single target endboss. And there are 2 of them, and several undead adds. And you're a paladin. The OP and every response targeted at it is from Warriors. I just don't believe 2.8K average. Sorry.
    1.: I never said anything about single-target. it was spoken of bosses, nothing more, nothing less. (speaking about patch-dps as a tank is almost the same as talkin about thaddius as a dps-check for dps-classes..)
    2.: never told anything of 2.8k dps as my average dps. (afaik the TE did not talk about average dps but I might be wrong there )

now, go on, I'm going to bed
    Last edited by Minya; 02-01-2009 at 08:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread