+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tank hitting 2k DPS.

I think you want us to tell you you're amazing, but really its not that hard to pull that kind of dps.

I never get above 1200 dps in 5 mans.. barely get above 1200 in 10 man naxx - haven't had enough experience with my build in 25 man yet.

BTW, i'd recommend using another service besides wowwebstats.. its in survivability mode only because they're ignoring the few paying customers they have left who even admit the stats aren't jiving with their logs nor logs they compare to with other stats sites.

Quote Originally Posted by blahism View Post
    I never get above 1200 dps in 5 mans.. barely get above 1200 in 10 man naxx - haven't had enough experience with my build in 25 man yet.

BTW, i'd recommend using another service besides wowwebstats.. its in survivability mode only because they're ignoring the few paying customers they have left who even admit the stats aren't jiving with their logs nor logs they compare to with other stats sites.
    What other sites can I go to? Also I have a combat log from my nexus run.

Wow Web Stats

On the first and last boss I wasn't rage starved, nor did I have to run around. Just straight DPS and I was able to hit 2.4k DPS. Can't wait to try patchwerk when I raid.

Edit* where can I check my TPS using wowwebstats?
    Last edited by Korentul; 01-21-2009 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Grimace View Post
    I basically think anyone claiming 2.8K in a 5 man single target boss is either lying, or lying.

The difference between ilvl 200 gear and ilvl 213 gear is not adding 1,300 DPS to your score. Sorry.

ok, here's the proof that I'm a big fat liar:
    http://i43.tinypic.com/28re7i8.jpg
    an yeah, we got a ele-shaman in grp. saved heroism for the endboss.

sry that I don't have webstats of my 5man's but it ain't worth it.

PS: that was before re-naming my pally, but the gear was pretty much heroic- and 10man. nothing special.

don't get me wrong, 2k DPS in 5man's IS absolutely ok and over average, no doubt.
    but there's some space to do even more, that's all I wanted to say.
    think I misunderstood your first post in some way..
    Last edited by Minya; 01-21-2009 at 05:35 PM.

i could see 2.8k dps being reasonable on a single target boss. ive started doing heroics in pvp gear, the crit you gain is an absurd boost to dps

Quote Originally Posted by Korentul View Post
    What other sites can I go to? Also I have a combat log from my nexus run.

Wow Web Stats

On the first and last boss I wasn't rage starved, nor did I have to run around. Just straight DPS and I was able to hit 2.4k DPS. Can't wait to try patchwerk when I raid.

Edit* where can I check my TPS using wowwebstats?
    nice dps fore sure, great miss rate - whats your hit rating at?

nice dps fore sure, great miss rate - whats your hit rating at?
    Right now I'm at 142 hit raiting. 4.33% I think the cap is 8% for tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Korentul View Post
    Right now I'm at 142 hit raiting. 4.33% I think the cap is 8% for tanks.
    Thats a pretty insane miss rate for only being at 142.. i ma have to experiment with alt gear pieces to achive ~140 and see where my miss rate goes.

i often see 7% miss and i'm at 110 or so

Thats a pretty insane miss rate for only being at 142.. i ma have to experiment with alt gear pieces to achive ~140 and see where my miss rate goes.

i often see 7% miss and i'm at 110 or so
    I don't know. that is weird. If I'm reading this thing right I only missed 10 attacks throughout the whole instance.

Minya, paladins doing 2k+ tanking 5 mans is normal. Paladins, DKs and warriors dont use the same benchmarks.

Even a sustained 1800 dps is considered very very high for warrior tanking.

Korentul's dps is much higher than most can normally do, probably due to the lack of misses in his attacks on bosses. His sustained dps is 1.5k not 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by Juon View Post
    Minya, paladins doing 2k+ tanking 5 mans is normal. Paladins, DKs and warriors dont use the same benchmarks.

Even a sustained 1800 dps is considered very very high for warrior tanking.

Yeah I'm not impressed with a pally doing 2k+ dps. Show me a warrior doing this. You got me all excited =p

I still think pallys hammer of hit 5mobs with no mitigation (spell based) is OP as all get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Minya View Post
    ok, here's the proof that I'm a big fat liar:
    http://i43.tinypic.com/28re7i8.jpg
    an yeah, we got a ele-shaman in grp. saved heroism for the endboss.

sry that I don't have webstats of my 5man's but it ain't worth it.

PS: that was before re-naming my pally, but the gear was pretty much heroic- and 10man. nothing special.

don't get me wrong, 2k DPS in 5man's IS absolutely ok and over average, no doubt.
    but there's some space to do even more, that's all I wanted to say.
    think I misunderstood your first post in some way..
    Skarvald and Dalronn aren't a single target endboss. And there are 2 of them, and several undead adds. And you're a paladin. The OP and every response targeted at it is from Warriors. I just don't believe 2.8K average. Sorry.
    Last edited by Angry Grimace; 01-23-2009 at 04:09 PM.

So I tanked naxx tonight. Did 2 quarters Construct and arachnid. Using patchwerk as my benchmark I only hit 2600 DPS. I'm pretty disappointed at the numbers actually. I can hit 2500 in heroics without raid buffs, and fully raid buffed I only hit 2600. I'm guessing because the boss is one level higher than a heroic bosses. Anyway, here's the web stats.

Wow Web Stats

2600 is already much higher than any warrior tanks I know of on my server, but I'm sure you will be able to break that record soon.

The miss% have jumped significantly as compared to the 5 mans, but heroic strike spams have also taken over the top dps attack as well in an unlimited rage situation.

Looks like it's left pocket -> right pocket 0.o

Interestingly, your trinket setup is same as well. Question : since both trinkets share the same cd, wont it be better to pop lavanthor for 440 for 6 times rather than 3 times each trinket?
    Last edited by Juon; 01-24-2009 at 12:40 AM. Reason: more thoughts came to mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Juon View Post
    2600 is already much higher than any warrior tanks I know of on my server, but I'm sure you will be able to break that record soon.

The miss% have jumped significantly as compared to the 5 mans, but heroic strike spams have also taken over the top dps attack as well in an unlimited rage situation.

Looks like it's left pocket -> right pocket 0.o

Interestingly, your trinket setup is same as well. Question : since both trinkets share the same cd, wont it be better to pop lavanthor for 440 for 6 times rather than 3 times each trinket?
    Lavanthor and autoblocker have a 1 minute cooldown. So I alternate between that and the autoblocker. You can't cast them both at the same time so the shield block rotation for that fight looked like this:

Shield block + Lavanthor
    Shield block + Auto-blocker
    Shield block
    Shield block + Lavanthor
    Shield block + Auto-blocker
    Shield block
    Shield block + Lavanthor

Quote Originally Posted by thanatas View Post
    Yeah I'm not impressed with a pally doing 2k+ dps. Show me a warrior doing this. You got me all excited =p

I still think pallys hammer of hit 5mobs with no mitigation (spell based) is OP as all get out.

Umm pallies "hammer of hit 5mobs" as you put it, hits 2 mobs only and is physical dmg... not sure where you got 5 hits and spell based from.

Hammer of the Rigtheous hits 3 targets (the target of the attack, plus 2 more), and hits for holy damage.

Hammer of the Righteous - Spell - World of Warcraft

That's not THAT amazing for 2600... I pulled 2200 on 10man.

Wow Web Stats

ive gemmed hit and ahilty in my T 7.5 and im around 1700 in a 5 man 2.2k+ in 25, thats fully buffed mind.

i got 1500 dps in 5 man

with NONE dmg spec 5/8/58
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    if i would go dmg spec

15/5/51
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

+ Reply to Thread