+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tank hitting 2k DPS.

Tank hitting 2k DPS.

Yes, it's true. I'm hitting 2k dps now on bosses in heroic 5-mans. I have been running heroics yesterday and I would hit 1800 DPS consistently(2k if I have an enhance shaman). Now with the block value to shield I hit 2k consistently without the shaman. The only thing that I lost was 15 expertise from the bracer enchant and gain 40 SBV on the shield. Does 40 SBV really scale that well to give me ~200 dps?

2k dps is pretty average in a 25man, i sit about 2500-2600 i think.
    ive hit about 4200dps on sarth adds which is insane

Best I have done is only 1800

Have you tested it for the most of the Heroics or just one or two? Maybe you ran into a situation where you get more incoming physical attacks from lots of mobs, where higher SBV can scale much better than on other situations.

2k is not that amazing.

did 2,8k on dalronn last night.

in 25's ist around 2400-3k on bosses.

That's solid dps on a single target for a 5 man, Kor. Don't let anyone tell ya different..

Although I would really think that the expertise would give more dps.. not sure where the extra came from for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by harliequinn View Post
    2k dps is pretty average in a 25man, i sit about 2500-2600 i think.
    ive hit about 4200dps on sarth adds which is insane
    I'm not talking 25-man. I'm talking about 5-man bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruel View Post
    Have you tested it for the most of the Heroics or just one or two? Maybe you ran into a situation where you get more incoming physical attacks from lots of mobs, where higher SBV can scale much better than on other situations.
    I used bosses. I ran 3 instances where I just stand there and DPS.

Nexus - The tree boss and the dragon chick in the end.

Gun'drak - The mammoth boss and the last boss.

UP - The last animal boss before skaddi and king yamiron.

On all these bosses post-shield enchant I was hitting 1800- low 1900. I never broke 2k.

Now I'm hitting high 2k.

The comp I used for both days were resto druid, boomkin, unholy deathknight, and a ret paladin.

I also have the SBV trinket from VH and the auto blocker equipped when I run 5-mans. I use the trinkets together with shield block, never separate.

Quote Originally Posted by BuliwynT View Post
    That's solid dps on a single target for a 5 man, Kor. Don't let anyone tell ya different..

Although I would really think that the expertise would give more dps.. not sure where the extra came from for ya.
    That's what I'm wondering. I lost 7 expertise and gained 40 SBV. Now I'm doing almost 200 more dps consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Minya View Post
    2k is not that amazing.

did 2,8k on dalronn last night.

in 25's ist around 2400-3k on bosses.
    How the heck did you manage that? lol blood lust? That's crazy. I think I'm going to start putting up wow webstats of the heroics I run.

Edit* Wasn't there a post of a guy that did like 4k dps on patchwerk while tanking him? Can anyone post a link to that? I can't seem to find it.

I got 1700/1800 or so on 10 man patchwork yesterday, which is pretty good for me as a druid.

Im around 1500 on 5 man boss fights, but it does depend on buffs. Buffs are very limited in 5 mans, so your doing good to get that dps as a tank IMO.

My goal was to get 1500 dps as a tank to match the 1500 minimum dps for comfortable 5 man heroic dps, and to get nice threat.

The paladin 4k dps was on wowmovies.com or something like that, its pretty sick - I think this is it - 4000+ DPS Protection Paladin VS Patchwerk By Matheus
    Last edited by Bluespirit; 01-21-2009 at 10:54 AM.
    Feral Druid
    Best For Blu-Ray High Definition - www.hdmoviesource.com

Lots of epeen going about in this thread.

That's pretty good for five-mans, considering most people only hit that in 25-mans. I did about as much with no gear, but I also had a pocket enhance shaman and sometimes a ret pally in my heroics. :P

40 SBV does not scale well enough to grant 100-200 DPS, so you most likely have just been getting lucky, or you were unlucky previously. The biggest factor to varying DPS numbers in identical or near identical situations is crit fluctuation and number of S&B procs
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Korentul View Post
    How the heck did you manage that? lol blood lust? That's crazy. I think I'm going to start putting up wow webstats of the heroics I run.
    Because Dalronn is two guys and spawns a ton of adds. When I run UK that's always my highest dps fight. Prince spawns a bunch of adds too, but you spend a lot of time either running to break the healer out of ice tombs (if your dps can't be bothered to stop pew-pewing) or being tombed yourself.

The bosses you listed for your tests are more legit I think as actual single target dps tests.

Also you didn't lose 7 expertise. Depending on how much you had, you lost 2 expertise maybe only 1. 8.something expertise rating = 1 expertise. Plus you're softcapped already, so losing that expertise didn't hurt as much than if you were under 26 expertise.

I'm not sure if 40 SBV accounts for your dps jump or if you've just been getting better in you rotation (which is bound to happen over time, we've only had 1.5 months to practice after all). Your gear seems capable of pushing 2k dps no matter how you enchanted it (well not +int or something silly like that), especially with that composition (doubly so if they had Kings and Icy Talons).

I basically think anyone claiming 2.8K in a 5 man single target boss is either lying, or lying.

The difference between ilvl 200 gear and ilvl 213 gear is not adding 1,300 DPS to your score. Sorry.

I would like to see some wws logs. I am fairly well geared when compared to the armory links I see here, yet I only hover around 1600 on 25s (granted these were pugs).

I would like to see what skills I'm missing and how I'm getting beat up so badly in dps by fellow tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by thanatas View Post
    I would like to see some wws logs. I am fairly well geared when compared to the armory links I see here, yet I only hover around 1600 on 25s (granted these were pugs).

I would like to see what skills I'm missing and how I'm getting beat up so badly in dps by fellow tanks.
    I'm home now so I will be running a few heroics, and I will WWS them and post them here later tonight. Hopefully I get lucky procs again. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    Because Dalronn is two guys and spawns a ton of adds. When I run UK that's always my highest dps fight. Prince spawns a bunch of adds too, but you spend a lot of time either running to break the healer out of ice tombs (if your dps can't be bothered to stop pew-pewing) or being tombed yourself.

The bosses you listed for your tests are more legit I think as actual single target dps tests.

Also you didn't lose 7 expertise. Depending on how much you had, you lost 2 expertise maybe only 1. 8.something expertise rating = 1 expertise. Plus you're softcapped already, so losing that expertise didn't hurt as much than if you were under 26 expertise.

I'm not sure if 40 SBV accounts for your dps jump or if you've just been getting better in you rotation (which is bound to happen over time, we've only had 1.5 months to practice after all). Your gear seems capable of pushing 2k dps no matter how you enchanted it (well not +int or something silly like that), especially with that composition (doubly so if they had Kings and Icy Talons).
    I had +15 expertise on my bracers and a 8expertise/12stam gem in my shoulders. I changed the gem to 16 expertise and put 40 stam on my bracers.

Didn't realize you changed a gem too.

In which case your lost exactly 1 expertise. Please note you're talking about losing 7 expertise rating not expertise.

When you're over the softcap, that's really not a big deal. It's equivalent to something like 10 hit rating. You'd hardly notice that.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    Didn't realize you changed a gem too.

In which case your lost exactly 1 expertise. Please note you're talking about losing 7 expertise rating not expertise.

When you're over the softcap, that's really not a big deal. It's equivalent to something like 10 hit rating. You'd hardly notice that.
    Ahh okay, thanks for clearing that up.

Here is my WowWebstats for drak'tharon (The daily)

Wow Web Stats

The bosses come up weird, and I don't know why. We one shotted everything without anyone dying but bosses are comming up 2-3 times. Weird. Anyway, I hit 2k dps on all the bosses in recount and the numbers here are pretty consistent.

I will probably try to run nexus in a few.

edit*
    Heres my nexus run

Wow Web Stats
    Last edited by Korentul; 01-21-2009 at 05:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread