+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tempered Titansteel Helm

Tempered Titansteel Helm

I imagine it has jumped a spot or two in the gear listings, seeing as it now has a blue and a meta socket, but the other stats seem completely unchanged! I read that the other stats were being rebalanced down, to compensate for the gem slots.

Gem'd with the 32 sta/2% armor meta, and a 24 sta gem, that's 216 stamina from a crafted piece of gear.

dont forget +37 for the head enchant, 250 STA from just the head seems.. excessive?

As an engineer I am completely flabberguested.

Fine. I get 60 expertise and 5 or 6 more defense rating. That's nice but the _sheer_ amount of health on that helm is just ludicrous. Seriously! What do I have as an engineer now in therms of raid viable stuff? Sure I get repair bots and a glove enchant that nobody wants to use, a trinket that arguably could be used but well... seriously!

I can't come to therms with this. Not just yet.

Aethelas

Ssshhhhh, don't tell Blizzard ok?

I may just cave and get this. It's too good to pass up, despite being utterly boring.

Although, now that I've said that I'm afraid it'll get nerfed right after I get it =x

im having mine made and everything right now lol
    Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is it's own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

i heard some nasty rumours that the changes didn't make it into the patch!

could someone pls confirm that they have their hands on one of these re-vamped beauties in-game so i can put my mind at ease.

- DW

Confirmed. Was wearing an old one, now has gem slots, and made one for someone else tonight, with gem slots.

It's real. Love it.

cheers Mavfin! I'll be +Sta'ing that baby to the max when i get on later

- DW

As an engineer I am very happywith the new thermal sapper charges for AOE. It is solid aoe threat/dps that is immensely useful when GCD queues in a multitasking environment isnt cutting it with the obscene aoe dpsers.

The engineer helm is meant for lvl 72-80, giving engineers a jumpstart. We can expect an improved version in the making. For now, this titansteel is a good bridge.

I can't wait to get on and sort out the gems for this helm, had it since i hit 80 but now wondering what gems to put it, Any advice?

Thinking of adding the def meta with a 24sta gem, i'm a JC so taking the def meta would allow me to change one of the epic def gems i have in to a 41sta gem.

I put in an Austere Earthsiege Diamond (32 stam+2% armor), and a Solid Sky Sapphire (24 stam)

Socket bonus is more stam, iirc.

It's +8 defense rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhoram View Post
    It's +8 defense rating.
    no it's not..it's +8 agility i think

+8agl is the spiked titansteel. +8def is the tempered titansteel.

Mmm.....This makes me happy. I had one of these crafted when I hit 80, and within 2 days I was wearing the blue Arcane one from Nexus just for the gem slots. I'm glad I kept this baby in the bank instead of vendoring it. I just got Thane's last week, but I will be gemming this up for max stamina.

Its pretty insane, tbh. I cannot imagine this is balanced by any stretch of the imagination. I wore this helm for a good while until I got my Helm of Vital Protection.....I shouldn't be looking at a crafted ilvl 200 helm compared to the best tank helm on my list and saying 'hmmmm....' certainly, for heavy magic damage battles (Malygos) that massive amount of Stam is where its at.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

I don't know how much 13itemlevels should differ. Comparing to Vital Protection (assuming you put a blue 24stam gem in tempered and had a green 8def/12stam gem in Vital for the 12stam bonus), which negates the sockets and bonuses in comparing.

-46 armor
    -13 def rating
    -56 parry rating
    -36 expertise rating
    -7 strenght

but +34stamina

I remember something they said about stamina is a cheap stat when calculating itemlevel this could be in line with itemlevel 200.

I intend to use it on Sarth-3drake but I still consider Vital Protection helm to be the best for all other encounters where surviving huge breaths is not an issue.

It's insane a boe crafted that's supposed to help you start raiding is one of the best items in slot. It's just not and I cannot get over it... In fact, this ruined my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnurken View Post
    I remember something they said about stamina is a cheap stat when calculating itemlevel this could be in line with itemlevel 200.
    You're correct.

1.5 Stamina ilvl wise is roughly equivalent to 1 of just about everything else. That's why you see all the gems being 16 Expertise, 16 Defense, 16 Dodge, etc and the Stamina one is 24. (16 * 1.5 = 24)

That being said, this helm definitely is amazing. I'm really looking forward to crafting myself up one

+ Reply to Thread