+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Level 80. 540 Defense capped. What's next?

hit-rating is CAPPED (this is a true cap since you can no longer miss and anything beyond this is useless) at 8% against bosses that should be 296 hit I believe? So long as your single wielding a weapon/shield

Expertise has 2 checkpoints, one is at 26 expertise skill which removes dodges from the table (all you need if you dps from the back) and 47 which removes all parries from the table (good for tanks).

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    hit-rating is CAPPED (this is a true cap since you can no longer miss and anything beyond this is useless) at 8% against bosses that should be 296 hit I believe? So long as your single wielding a weapon/shield

Expertise has 2 checkpoints, one is at 26 expertise skill which removes dodges from the table (all you need if you dps from the back) and 47 which removes all parries from the table (good for tanks).
    Thanks again for taking your time to reply to my answers. But 296 Hit? Is that absolutely necessary for Heroics and raids. I'm a bit in a slum at the moment where I don't know what to do.

i think in heroics it's a bit lower, possibly only 6% which would be a bit lower but yes I believe 296 hit to be the number to strive for, a bit high I know but definitely achieveable with high end gear and some smart gemming.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonebinder View Post
    But 296 Hit? Is that absolutely necessary for Heroics and raids.
    Not at all. It's just the point where adding any more is worthless. Don't worry about it unless you are having threat problems.

Source: Stonebinder
    But 296 Hit? Is that absolutely necessary for Heroics and raids.
    Kazeyonoma is talking about a content we have not seen in WotLK. Don't be confused with hit rating, if you are just about to do heroics or the existing 10/25 raids.

Like everybody else stated, after 540 defense, go for avoidance and stamina. When you are bored until your brain leaks, go for more fun DPS tanking and flame your damage brothers for not coming close in TPS.
    Last edited by Krozz; 01-22-2009 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramonc123 View Post
    yes work on stamina for tanking 10 and 25 mans at least 26000 health no buffs
    Plz don't throw in values of that sort ^^ health sure is important , but 26k is unreachable for someone who just dinged 80

I managed to stuff myself as follows

Had already farmed my stuff in regular instances , sat at about 22k and def capped . No epique LwE or such , just plain blues

Heroics => Ran Heroic Violet Hold once , got the pants ( a must have , load of defence and hit for threat ) managed it with my 22k unbuffed

Then i started offtanking Archavon and Sartharion , got the Neck piece with Emblems , then got the shield . ( all this while farming Wyrmrest )
    Wyrmrest stuff + Emblem stuff ( not counting the expensive ones ) managed to get me through Naxx :x were i main-tanked most of the bosses .

So i would say , try to reach a nice 23-24k to start your Raids as maintank .
    26k is enough to handle nearly all the content

The hardest to get will probably be trinkets ( which , out of luck i still dont have ( Azjol hero and Violet hero ) ) and i'm also having a hard time getting the sword to drop ( Hero pinnacle )

I haven't read all the replies , but had to reassure you about the Hp limits ect .

Quote Originally Posted by Krozz View Post
    Kazeyonoma is talking about a content we have not seen in WotLK. Don't be confused with hit rating, if you are just about to do heroics or the existing 10/25 raids.
    Can you elaborate on this? What do you mean content we have not seen in WotLK? If you mean because he's still doing heroics and hasn't touched on 10/25 mans then sure I don't blame him for not capping stats yet, that's not the point. He asked what the cap was, and I told him. Do you NEED to hit this cap? No. Should you try? If you're stats are balanced enough to survive encounters and you either a) want to put out more threat or b) put out more dps then yes you'll want to strive for this. How worth it is it to try? I dunno, but grabbing a trinket like:

Sphere of Red Dragon's Blood - Item - World of Warcraft
    or
    Grim Toll - Item - World of Warcraft
    or
    Battlemaster's Accuracy - Item - World of Warcraft

are good swappable slots to help you achieve your goals. Especially the first item since it drops in Nexus.

@Kazeyonoma

Source: Stonebinder
    ... But 296 Hit? Is that absolutely necessary for Heroics and raids. I'm a bit in a slum at the moment where I don't know what to do.
    He asks, if the cap is absolutely necessary for Heroics and raids. And he says, he doesn't know what to do - which means, he is confused by the information he has now. My answer to a confused player, who wants to go Heroics and Raids (he has not been there much, else he wouldn't ask) is:

"No, you don't need to have 296 Hit."

And I did mention, that he should strive for higher goals, when he feels like his survivability is good.

My personal opinion is:
    For the content in place, you don't NEED to have exeptional stats. Having them makes things easier and you can paint your own achievement for the highest Shield Slam ever, to hang at your wall.

I hope upcoming encounters will encourage you to stack stats for unusual strategies, like collecting maximum avoidance.

Until then, I'm looking into thread through DPS at the moment. So +hit is someting I care about. But my role as a tank is survivability, so if somethings goes wrong and all other tanks die with the half of the raid, I can pick up all remaining mobs and the one healer and two DPS can still solve the situation.

+ Reply to Thread