+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fresh 80 - What to do first?

Fresh 80 - What to do first?

I just dinged 80 yesterday. I ran a few heroics successfully and got a few upgrades(Belt and trinket from H AN, Legs from H VH). I've had the Argent Crusade tabard on for those. I'm about 5k away from the head enchant. But, there is honestly a ton of data out there and I'm really lost on what is the most important thing to do right now. In order, what should I do first? Can you guys/gals identify the weakest part of my spec/gear/glyphs and give me a few suggestions?

The content I'll be tanking is heroics and 10-mans. I have around 1300g and I'm a miner/skinner. What sort of gear/enchants should I buy or farm the mats for? I'm also a GM Cook/fisher, so I'll always have the food I need(whether that be hit rating/expertise/STR).

My armory link can be found up top. If it doesn't work, the "ˇ" part is ALT + 0243. To type it in, make sure num lock is activated, and hold down ALT. Then type in 0243 on the num pad and release ALT.

I have currently 6 BoV, and 4 BoH.

If you haven't got epic flyingskill yet, go save all your cash for that, go grind quests or other things for gold and go for it.
    It'll prove to be the best choice in the end. As soon as you start the "gear-race" there always be something new to enchant/gem/craft to spend your gold on.

Not having epic flying will at some point cost you lots of time so also gold. You'll make it back.

Save your money on crafted items!...Wrymrest rep provides the best tank gear to start out with. I'd worry about their rep first as the head chant from lvl70 Keepers of time is still worthwhile and 130g is alot to spend on chanting gear your gonna quickly replace. I would simply worry about you def cap and try to get to at least 22k hp and just run your ass of in heroics. most of the emblem gear is affordable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As a DK I don't have the rep for the CoT helm enchant otherwise I'd have that. I have more than 22k unbuffed, but, my defense is at 508. Once I get into game and get gargoyle on my weapon I'll be set for heroics as far as defense goes, and my HP will increase as well. I need 11k more rep for the BP and boots from wyrmrest. I have the cloak already.

worse case scenario you can use the shard gear with resiience to get uncritable for tanking 3pts resilience =1 point in defense
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread