+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing - Spec

Healing - Spec

Cents wolk has came out healing as a priest has changed so much and i am trying to find a spec that gives me more + spell power. and mana.
    i call out all healers to post your spec

My current Holy build: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Cookie-cutter Disc build: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

A better disc Build - Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

As disc you should never be casting greater heal so 5 points to decrease its cast time is pointless. Also i just don't get priests that dont improve renew....

Improved divine spirit is a waste of points as it does not stack with a lot of things, including shaman totems. Points are much better spent elsewhere.

Abbygale, your question is wrong. Problems with mp5 and spellpower are solved with better gear, enhants and gems.

You have got to set goals: do you want to do more of AoE healing coupled with good single target healing or do you want to be more of a damage preventer, single target beast?
    Then you know what to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeks View Post
    Improved divine spirit is a waste of points as it does not stack with a lot of things, including shaman totems. Points are much better spent elsewhere.
    Yes if your running in a raid with a shaman healer or shammy dps. My healer runs typicaly with 2 pallies and a group of rogues, DK's, mages, warrior tanks. So please show me a way to get the improved spell power from improved DS from any of those people?

Just because a buff doesn't stack with some one elses buff doesn't mean that the talent is useless. That would be like telling a fury warrior dont get rampage, it doesnt stack with leader of the pact. The OP was wanting to increase their spellpower, IDS does exactly that, or is your advice always run with a shammy. What one is easier in your eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizana View Post
    Yes if your running in a raid with a shaman healer or shammy dps. My healer runs typicaly with 2 pallies and a group of rogues, DK's, mages, warrior tanks. So please show me a way to get the improved spell power from improved DS from any of those people?

Just because a buff doesn't stack with some one elses buff doesn't mean that the talent is useless. That would be like telling a fury warrior dont get rampage, it doesnt stack with leader of the pact. The OP was wanting to increase their spellpower, IDS does exactly that, or is your advice always run with a shammy. What one is easier in your eyes?
    Increased Spell Power Buff: Improved Divine Spirit, Flametongue Totem, Totem of Wrath, Demonic Pact

Improved divine spirit is the weakest of the three possible buffs plus any shaman can top it regardless of spec. In any 25 man raid you should have at least 1 shaman and for 10 mans you can live without the buff. I would rather pick a spec that it better optimized and stick to it.

Rampage is also a 1 point talent that fits into the build and feral druids are a lot less common then a shaman of any spec. This is a case of it not being worth it for disc as their version of the buff is the weakest out there and they have to forgo very useful talent points to pick it up.

Take a look at :DiscPriest.com • View topic - The Discipline Priest PVE FAQ for a nice little Disc guide with some commentary on FHeal vs. GHeal and the value of Renew.
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

Increased Spell Power Buff: Improved Divine Spirit, Flametongue Totem, Totem of Wrath, Demonic Pact

Improved divine spirit is the weakest of the three possible buffs plus any shaman can top it regardless of spec. In any 25 man raid you should have at least 1 shaman and for 10 mans you can live without the buff. I would rather pick a spec that it better optimized and stick to it.

Rampage is also a 1 point talent that fits into the build and feral druids are a lot less common then a shaman of any spec. This is a case of it not being worth it for disc as their version of the buff is the weakest out there and they have to forgo very useful talent points to pick it up.
    So where would you place the two points to "+ spell power. and mana" Please dont just tell me i am wrong without offering a better place to put the two points that results in more spellpower or more mana. Is it weak for 2 talent points, hell yes, but where else are you going to put the points to do what the OP wants?

Finish off enlightenment...it might not provide more spellpower but it provides a little more regen and some more throughput and will me more useful in most situations.

Finish off enlightenment...it might not provide more spellpower but it provides a little more regen and some more throughput and will me more useful in most situations.
    Thats not what the OP asked for, they were looking for a spec for "spell power. and mana" Thats like me asking you to pass the ketchup and you handing me mustard because you dont like ketchup.

Thats not what the OP asked for, they were looking for a spec for "spell power. and mana" Thats like me asking you to pass the ketchup and you handing me mustard because you dont like ketchup.
    If he is running in a raid where most likely someone else is bringing a more powerful version then he is gaining exactly 0 spell power with you build and loosing regen(i.e. mana) and haste and stamina. He is gaining nothing and giving up small but tangible benefits.

If he is running in a raid where most likely someone else is bringing a more powerful version then he is gaining exactly 0 spell power with you build and loosing regen(i.e. mana) and haste and stamina. He is gaining nothing and giving up small but tangible benefits.
    Your assuming a lot, Your assuming he is wanting a raid healing spec, your assuming he will be running with some one else to give the a better buff, your assuming he wants to be reliant on another char to give a buff to achieve what he wants, your assuming he cares about a small amount of regen haste and stamina(and yes 2% is a small amount)

My last 3 25 man man raids and my last 5 10 man raids had no one to give that spellpower buff minus a disc priest. I cant think of one encounter in the entirety of WoW as a whole, classic, BC or LK where a lock or a shammy is required to down the boss, i can think of a couple where a priest is though...

Your assuming a lot, Your assuming he is wanting a raid healing spec, your assuming he will be running with some one else to give the a better buff, your assuming he wants to be reliant on another char to give a buff to achieve what he wants, your assuming he cares about a small amount of regen haste and stamina(and yes 2% is a small amount)

My last 3 25 man man raids and my last 5 10 man raids had no one to give that spellpower buff minus a disc priest. I cant think of one encounter in the entirety of WoW as a whole, classic, BC or LK where a lock or a shammy is required to down the boss, i can think of a couple where a priest is though...
    Many bosses in BC needed shamans for blood lust rotations. In classic they were needed for tremor on many fights, huhu for poison, first boss in BWL for earthbind/frost shock kiting.

They still provide a lot of buffs...I think it is safe to say there will never be a serious progression raid without at least 1 shaman. They provide the best spell power buff, only class with bloodlust, mana spring/tide, and they can duplicate a lot of other buffs.

As to locks...in can think of twin imps, leotheras, illidan, and I am prob missing a few.

If you know you are always going to be the only one to provide the buff sure go ahead and spec it...but that does not make it the best disc spec. You are lowering your effectiveness to give you raid the worst spell power buff out there...there are situations where this makes sense but they are the exception rather then the rule.

Hear is the link to The World of Warcraft Armory armory please look it over check my spec out my gear not the probblem i dont think

I am not sure what you are trying to do with your spec. You are a point away form CoH which is the most overpowered healing spell in the game at the moment and will still be a pretty damn good way to spend 1 talent point even after the nerf. You also don't have pain suppression or guardian spirit so you are missing a wipe saver.

You seem to be be torn between holy and disc but are missing the key talents from each try that lets them do what they do so you are stuck in limbo. Simply put as a priest trying to heal you are going to be significantly more effective if you pick one of the trees and commit to it.

Link me the spec you think i should go . to best benafit my raids

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyGale View Post
    Link me the spec you think i should go . to best benafit my raids
    Holy or disc? They are function very differently so if you know what style you prefer we can work from there. There is actually a significant amount of flexibility with holy specs that come down to personal choice and disc is pretty 1 dimensional spec wise.
    Last edited by Meeks; 01-19-2009 at 07:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread