+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sockets

Sockets

Just to get an idea of what other tanks are doing, what do Ya'll typically socket for. I'm atm usually going for defenses (Defense, Parry, Dodge). Was kind of wondering whats best to go for, Stam, Defenses, or Hit/Expertise. This being for a Warrior.
    Last edited by Gonthorian; 01-16-2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Spelling

Use sockets to compensate for your gear's shortcomings.

If you're under 540 defense, gem for defense. If your defense is fine, you can put in some hit, expertise, or avoidance gems, whatever you don't have a lot of with your gear. More stam is almost always a good decision. If you're more or less happy with your current mix, gem so that you get socket bonuses.

Anything that fills in your other gap. Gem for defense until the hitcap, other than that wherever you're missing. Short on hit rating? Throw some hit gems. Throw some avoidance if you're short there. Socket bonuses are nice but generally not worth getting the gems you need if they cross-socket.

I like to fill my reds with an 8 dodge 12 stam gem (can be expensive), 16 defense gems for yellows (8 defense 12 stam is a decent alternative), and 24 stams for blue sockets, of course. Socket bonuses seem to be alot better these days, so I recommend takin a good look at them before we all go "stam stam stam" all over everything. As for gemming for hit/expertise...I run with 170 hit and 20 expertise, without having gemmed for it at all.
    Playing a warrior tank well is its own reward.

I'm gonna tell ya what I would've told you in game, gemming for parry is normally not a good idea.
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/42022-when-parry-better-than-dodge.html
    Has a decent explaination why.

I'm normally a fan of trying to keep close to 440 and boosting other stats where needed. Something to help with this is the mod Rating Buster. Gives a easy comparison between items and even gems giving more useful information than ratings.

540 Misko means =P

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Dammit, always say 440 meaning 540 QQ

A lot of tanks are going 8 expertise/12 Stamina in red sockets, 8 Defense/12 Stamina in Yellows, and 24 Stam in Blues. I'm personally tempted to start switching out 8 hit/12 Stamina in my Yellows for the increased dps/tps, but haven't decided yet.

+ Reply to Thread