+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hints and tips for shammy restos

hints and tips for shammy restos

Just wondering if anyone can help me out with any gear or tactics for using shammies you know that little tweak that can make or break the raid

i do alright at the moment but to be honest i know there is better tactics out there anyone

Apoxz

I raided with a resto shaman for awhile at 70.

1. Get the add on Quartz if you don't already have it. It gives you a Latency indicator that can help you time your heals better. You hit the button for your next cast at the very start of the red bar.
    2. A Nature's Swiftness + Healing Wave macro will save lives. Make one.
    #showToolTip Nature's Swiftness
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast Healing Wave()

The open brackets will make it use the max rank of the spell so you don't have to go back and change it. Not that that is very important anymore I just don't know what the new max rank is.
    3. Use Mana Tide early in the fight when you can gain maximum benefit from it. So that way you can Tide again after the cooldown is up. Though a lot of fights in Wrath are a bit too fast for that line of thinking now.
    4. Don't take blame for people dying unless you know it's your fault. Sometimes idiots get themselves killed and there is nothing you can do about it. If the rogue opts to stand in front of the cleaving mobs and gets themself killed, it's their fault. Not yours. Trust me, it'll save on burn out.

I can't give you any mechanics suggestions because I'm not familiar with resto shammies post-3.0. But the above are fairly universal.

Happy healing.

Macros

ok now you wrote something about macros.
    i'll be honest i don't have a scobby doo (clue) about macros can you give me info on these please sorry to be a pain in the butt.

from EJ and Used by me

Fires both trinkets pops NS and then the big bomb
    #showtooltip Nature's Swiftness
    /stopcasting
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /Cast Tidal Force
    /cast Healing Wave

Interrupt (will stop casting) - if you are focussed on the tank it will shock his target
    /stopcasting
    /clearfocus [target=focus,dead]
    /cast [target=focus,harm,exists] Wind Shock
    /cast Wind Shock

Loquations cheers for that mate, those are imba (awesome, it's the lingo dingo) macros.
    thanks again, i'll try to link my toon so you can have a look at it and maybe you know where i could tweak it some more.
    it's all about the heals baby.
    thanks again
    Apoxz

Very nice macros loquatious, I'll have to try those out on my own shammy when he gets up there.

+ Reply to Thread