+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cancelled Raids

Cancelled Raids

My guild has had to call our 25-man raids early three nights in a row.

Many members of my guild are in central/eastern, but we play on a west coast server. Our raids start at 5:30 PST. The first hour or so is manageable, and we get a boss or two down. After about 6:30 PST, Naxx becomes a lagging mess with 20% of the raid gettin DC'd during trash pulls, and anywhere from 25% to half the raid being dropped on boss fights. Sometimes the DC issues are combined with high latency, somtimes not. Tuesdays have always been a little laggy, but the past couple of weeks the problem has become much worse, and the problem has carried over to wednesday and thursday nights too.

A couple of members have mentioned talking with friends in other guilds on our server that claim to be having some lag, but not the mass DCs we're getting. I'm not sure if they were referring to 10 or 25 man raids. I know these types of problems are usually much worse in 25s.

I'm an officer in my guild, so I'm involved in the decisions to call the raids. We generally ask the members what they want to do, continue or call it. When Naxx first starts going down hill everyone stays fairly positive, but after a wipe on Gothic because almost half the raid gets chain-DC'd(including 2/3 tanks), everyone just wants to leave. I don't blame them, it's a waste of repairs, food, flasks etc.

I know everyone is getting lag, but are other guilds having the same problems with multiple people dropping off and not being able to get back in until after the boss is dead? Attempting to log back in mid-fight seems pointless, as you just get booted right back out, before anything on screen even loads.

Is anyone else having a similar experience?

My guess is that Wintergrasp event is starting when you guys are in your peak naxx runs. Its a known issue and is probably one of the bigger reasons that 3.0.8 is being delayed - they're working on addressing the naxx lagg issues.

If you don't die when you log you have a good chance of getting back in, if you do die you can never re-enter the battle. Been that way for as along as i can remember.

I've only had to call one guild raid because of the lag, (My guild raids once a week) but other guilds on the server that raids more frequently had to call multiple raids and haven't been able to do 25-man naxx and 25-man mal for about 3 weeks. It's been so bad that two of the top guilds on the server are transferring off. You're not alone.

We have had to call many raids as well.
    Carpal tunnel is a small price to pay to get hit in the face

Quote Originally Posted by blahism View Post
    If you don't die when you log you have a good chance of getting back in, if you do die you can never re-enter the battle. Been that way for as along as i can remember.
    The issue that I, and others, are having is that once you are DC'd, subsequent attempts to log in, even though still alive, will just get you booted right back out, sometimes not even getting past the loading screen.

For example, I was tanking/kiting the chow on Gluth. I was doing fine for the first 45 seconds or so and then was DC'd. I was still alive, but I could not get back in, getting kicked right back out whenever i tried to log back in. Only after everyone else was dead and combat ended was I able to get back in. When I zoned in I was standing where I was when I left, still alive, gluth aggroed, I tanked him for a bit, and was killed.

It would almost be bareable if I could log back in and continue on, but once DC'd, I'm usually not getting back in until combat has ended.

We've tried waiting out wintergrasp, even tried to see if raiding the vault after would be any better than Naxx. We met with the same result, 25-50% of the raid DC'd during the encounter and I was able to experience my first ever wipe on that joke of a boss.

There is some confusion based on the Blue post.

Wintergrasp has been identified as a culprit for *world* lag.

The Naxx Lag is something special and different. When you are in naxx you are on a instance server in any case. Supposedly they have plans to fix that in the next patch as well.

Another issue that I have seen when this happens is that when someone logs in, they get a message saying that they are not in the raid group and get ported to where thier hearthstone is set to in a minute.

Yes, we have done the kick them from group and reinvite, doesnt fix it. So, we always just have to summon them back once they are gone.
    Guild Leader of <Deceased> and the level 60 raiding guild, <Vertex>
    I get tired of hearing people complain about "their class" is getting nerfed. You are not a warrior, you are not a priest, you are a HUMAN. You get nerfed when you die.

We called one raid early, but the Naxx lag issue has plagued several runs, slowing progression as we wiped needlessly on bosses because a healer or tank lagged out during a fight.

I certainly hope the Naxx "optimizations" come soon.

We called Naxx25 last night after a couple failed attempts on Thaddeus. It is particularly frustrating because last week we took an hour break to allow lag to subside on Wednesday night and ran out of time to kill Kel Thuzad thursday. We raid 2 nights, we're all adults with jobs and junk, so we can't pound away endlessly on bosses but we 1 shot Sapphiron so how hard could KT be? A few of us stayed late and pulled some subs in off the street and got him to 16%.

This week, Wednesday night we cleared Spider, Plague, and Military without too much issue and even knocked out Patchwerk. We had a couple of people including the raid leader and his roomate have unrelated connection issues, DCing in every boss fight and we lost alot of time waiting for them to get back in so we could do loot. (yeah, I know but I ain't in charge)

But last night takes the cake. We simply couldn't pull Thaddeus without 5-10 second lag on every skill and ability. We took a 40 min break and came back and it was worse. Every polarity shift was brutal and we got no where close. We called it. And frankly, I'm pretty pissed off.

I can accept being unable to meet a challenge based on our ability and the mechanics of the encounter. We get better, we improve and win next time. But this....is ridiculous. And not alot of fun. It doesn't help having to hear 24 other people pissed off about it nagging non stop. When its bad but playable on non Thaddeus bosses, I want to strangle people and I realize this is part of my frustration at Blizzard overflowing.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Same deal we end up canceling about 70% of our raid's by the end of the night. Tue-Thur seem to be the worst of it. There is a 77 page sticky in customer service forum's right now with the latest blue post saying there is a "potential" resolution to the latency issue's coming next patch

We have tried everything to persevere through the lag ie. minimum raid buff's, no add-on's etc. none of it worked. We end up clearing all farm content by Monday night but man is it painful and it doesnt allow us to work on new stuff like Sarth with 3 drakes and raid achievement's. The guild I'm in is very frustrated with the situation and I hope Blizz is really taking this seriously and not just writing it off as a issue that will be fixed after they cater to the casual's.

So kind of a funny story. We usually haven't had too much lag problems, but the other night we had a couple of issues. What was funny though was that our rogue got DCed and when he came back online, he was no longer in Naxx, he was in the Barrens. lol, This happen to anyone else?

Similar issues

Hi - having similar issues with latency and disconnects. Raid cancelled twice now and huge repair bills. Most frustrating part is losing aggro on bosses but still being in instances - just lagging terribly. Mobs tear around and insta cast taunt takes 3 secs to land.

Saddest part is that I will probably step down from MT in favor of a less geared paladin OT because at least his consecration stays ticking even if he lags or D/Cs.

We havn't had to cancel any raids yet due to lag, but we've certainly been unable to kill a few bosses. Wednesday this week we had a wicked bad lag fest. Thaddius we pushed through the lag and got our kill after a wipe. But Loatheb ended up stopping us as the healers couldn't cast before the debuff reapplied.

It doesn't have anything to do with Wintergrasp either as Loquatious pointed out. The raid zones are all on instance servers which is separate from the world servers. That's why you stay connected in a dungeon when the world servers go down.

I do hope 3.08 resolves the lag issues. Achievements are almost impossible for us at peak times.

So Naxx has gone from an instance nobody could do...

... To an instance nobody can do.

Out of the ballpark with this expansion, Blizzard.

Perhaps this one should have been pushed back to January too.

Concur

We try to power through it, but end up leaving Naxx after a wing or so. We have everything down fight-wise, which makes it silly when lag problems are getting in the way.

Hope they fix it soon, missing out on quality farming here.

We've cancelled two raids this week, ended one early.

We're trying for Immortal at the moment and we can't risk the lag. We've pushed Naxx off until Monday. The downside is that we're running the risk that -- if the lag stays this bad -- we are unable to complete Naxxramas at all.

I hate to say it; but I'm kinda glad I read this thread.

My guild is a small 10man casual guild, and we only started Naxx last week. We cleared 3 wings plus Patch in our first week, and we got Grobbulus after much wiping last night.

But the biggest issue we have been facing has been the lag. We've had alot of near wipes (and some wipes) simply because of DCs/bad latency. We haven't gotten to the point of calling raids yet, we're all too excited to finally start raiding, but at this point the latency has been the boss that has stopped us from progressing the most.

We attempted Sarth 25 this week as well, and I (the MT) DC'd while tanking the big old dragon himself. We managed to get him down, as I came back pretty quick and we had an OT pick him up right away.

But overall, my experience from raiding in 2-3 weeks has been that the content isn't what is challenging us, its the severe lag we're getting at raid times. For awhile I thought it was just our raid team with poor connections/PCs/whatever else, but I keep hearing more and more on the issue, and now see that it is a game wide affair.

I can only hope Blizzard will provide some relief in the coming patches.
    || Tierax || ADELANTE-GUILD.COM - US ARTHAS (PVP) ||
    Healing Officer / Holy Paladin / Retired Protection Warrior

Lag hasn't prevented us from killing bosses, the hardest boss to do with lag is thaddius and only once did we go do another wing before coming back and making it through lag and past his enrage to down him. There's always lag and it sucks but we can manage naxx with lag, even malygos p2 with some lag but not 3D sarth.

I'm hearing alot of people complaining about lag, which we could deal with. We've got a good 25man group, we've cleared Naxx. We know the fights and are perfectly capable of downing all the bosses, even with a little lag. Our biggest issue is having 5-9, sometimes more, people DC as the encouners begin or even just on trash on the way into the Plague wing, and are repeatedly DC'd when attempting to log back in until combat has ended. I would like to hear if anyone else is having it as bad as we are.

My guild has called all the raids this week. The same thing has happened everytime. 6-7 people DC'ing when a boss is pulled, along with the rest of the raid lagging so bad that the game is unplayable. We cleared Spider Wing on Monday but called it after the lag was just out of control. Last night we cleared we tried Patchwork and as soon as we MD'd him, half of our healers DC'd, so we called it. Also I was only getting in like 1 GCD every 3-4 seconds.

+ Reply to Thread