+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boss dodge cap now 6.4%?

Boss dodge cap now 6.4%?

I was playing around with Rawr today and noticed in the last release for the Rawr.ProtWarr model, they lowered the boss dodge rate from 6.5% to 6.4%.

I hadn't heard anything about this here or on elitist jerks. Can someone point me to a thread where this change was discovered/proven?

it has been known to reside between 6.25 and 6.5

the reason why people say it's 6.5% is because expertise works in chunks of .25% reduction. So really it doesn't matter what it is in terms of 6.25-6.5% except that we know at 6.25% reduction dodges occur. and at 6.5% they don't.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

So it sounds like you are also unaware of any research to show the boss dodge cap is 6.4%. In fact, due to the "chunking" you describe, it would seem impossible to determine that the boss cap is any particular number between 6.25 and 6.5.

Unless the tooltip is truncating the expertise number and there is no chunking, i.e. 210 expertise rating gives 6.40% reduction to dodge and parry, not 6.25%. This would be notable if true, so perhaps I need to contact rawr and see where this information is coming from.

I am curious to know if expertise is actually a fractional number in calculations, not a whole number as seems to be assumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Naqada View Post
    ...In fact, due to the "chunking" you describe, it would seem impossible to determine that the boss cap is any particular number between 6.25 and 6.5.......
    Statistics are your friend. It's very well possible and even not too hard to get a big enough sample size to get the real number.

expertise rating gives you expertise skill, this is what converts to our reduction, as far as I know, I've never read anywhere that says expertise rating gives fractional benefits and instead that it only provides it's benefit in the skill itself, and each skill gives .25% reduction.

Yes I'd say it's logically impossible to determine what it is exactly, however as orcstar has mentioned with enough information and data it's possible to determine through probabilities and statistics what the exact % is. But for practical reasons it doesn't matter. If you want 0 dodges you have to go 6.5% if you don't mind the occasional (albeit < .25% chance) dodge then 6.25% will grant you that.

Where did your Rawr addon get that number? who knows? Made up? EJ hidden thread? Al that really matters is 6.5% completely negates them.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

It could just be like something to fix a roudning error in the Rawr db, and not a change to the WoW mechanics.
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

+ Reply to Thread