+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best 2H tanking weapons from heroics

Best 2H tanking weapons from heroics

Theres a few pretty decent 2H drops from heroics in Wrath. I've been OTing Naxx and OS the last few weekends, and one major concern i've had has been my relative lack of dps/threat generated compared to our MT (a warrior with the red sword of courage and a big fat shield)

Its painfully obvious why when you see that I've been using the Whale-stick harpoon as my main tanking weapon. Hey its really pretty good, you get a lot of health, some hit, some avoidance from the agility... just not much damage.

So.. of the following, which do you think would be the best to farm for?

I used the pike until I got my ID out of 25 naxx. It'll also be a lot easier to get then the cleaver, which i've heard horror stories about trying to farm.

Quote Originally Posted by windergard View Post
    I used the pike until I got my ID out of 25 naxx. It'll also be a lot easier to get then the cleaver, which i've heard horror stories about trying to farm.
    This.

Before I got the pike, I used a whale-stick harpoon (Kalu'ak revered, easy to reach if you do all the quests in HF/BT/DB)
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

i got the polearm and also that mace droped for us last night i use nether as i have the titansteel destroyer i tend to use that one for tanking at the best of times it is fair easy to get if you can make yourself or even farming the mats

i use the titansteel destroyer on my tank
    her armory is
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicisity View Post
    i use the titansteel destroyer on my tank
    her armory is
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    Agreed... as a MT for naxx... i went from the whale stick harpoon to this to Death's Bite when Kel Thuzad was nice enough to drop it for me...
    Hi there i'm a big Zombie-cow and i'll be facetanking for you today...

Pike is what i used, it dropped easily since VH is a very popular heroic.
    But you really want the titansteel destroyer if you're going to consider MTing, even for just 10 mans.

Titansteel Destroyer

Hello all, I tanked with a druid in BC and am quite new to tanking with the DK but I wanted to ask why everyone keeps going back to the Titansteel Destroyer? I mean, I made one for my dps set but this question is now to the point that I think I must be missing something. I also used the whalestick harpoon when i was getting started tanking heroics but evolved out of it quite quickly. I have seen a lot of people say "definitely the Titansteel" but why? I mean no disrespect, just wanting to understand why.

I am holding around 3500TPS with my current build and my current gear. Here is my Armory

I am 29008 hps unbuffed in frost presence with 21% dodge and 20% parry. I am very open to ideas about my gear. My guild has not done Nax yet due to us being a small RL friend guild but we are scheduled to go on Sunday. The gloves I picked up tanking for another guild in Nax.

thanks in advance for any ideas of change and the response of the Titansteel Destroyer,

brian

TD has all the right stats on it for tanking and is the easiest to obtain for entry lvl tanks. Plus, for the alliance, both drawfs and humans get a bonus from using it.

The weapons has:

Str
    stam
    +hit

All 3 very good stats for DK tanks. Plus it has a higher DPS than the other weapons mentioned in this post. I tell every new DK tank that asks me questions to get it crafted. Weapon DPS = TPS. Also, dont say, "hey I dont have threat issues so ill go with the defensive weapon" because blizz wants tanks doing good DPS too. You may not have threat issues now, but I have FFB mages in full Naxx 10 gear pulling 5K DPS. 3.5K TPS isnt good enough to let him go full bore, which I want him too.
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

What would be the progression for weapons after the Titansteel Destroyer, for both DPS and Tanking?

Would Death's Bite from 10-Man Naxx be an tanking upgrade, due to more +hit, +crit, and stam?

I've had the Titansteel Destroyer on my DK Tank ever since I was able to make it. I'm wondering what weapon's I should be trying to get from 10/25 Man Raids or even Heroics.

Unless you SERIOUSLY find yourself having threat issues, I recommend sticking with the whale-stick harpoon. If you happen onto another weapon and aren't going for survivability go for it, but realistically in terms of survival the harpoon despite being a rep vendor blue is way better than any of the random epics you'll get. Some are close, but I managed to tank all 25 man content in the game without serious aggro issues until I finally got an ID like 3 weeks ago.

The cleaver and titansteel destroyer are wholly decent if you insist on not using the simple blue stick. Oh and Drofnas, Death's Bite is definitely an upgrade. I'd consider that, ID, Black Ice and BoH to be the only 'tanking' upgrades to the harpoon atm, let alone the destroyer.

+ Reply to Thread