+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing Add-ons

Healing Add-ons

Hey guys I am a 80 Holy Paladin and I was wondering what are good unit frames or healing add-ons that would help me out more. My cyrrent mods that i use are X-Perl and Dominoes for my action bars. i have tweaked my X-Perl to where whenever I go into a raid it collapses into raid bars so I can see there percents and for my action bars I have hot keys set to my heals and cleanse ability for easy acces if there is any other easier and more affective way to heal for raids or groups that would be awesome.

Healbot, or Grid.

Pally Power

Smartbuff, debuff (forget the name of the debuff one, it might be smartdebuff)

I'm using Grid+Clique - it's basicly a more advanced version of healbot. That's about all I need healingwise. Quickhealth is a good idea as well if you have a low latency connection.

Healbot is far easier to setup than Grid, but I'm not sure if you can get quickhealth, manabars, HoT status, Aggro status and cleanseable debuffs.

The main reason to use a mod like clique is you'll skip a step in the process. Right now you're

1. moving your mouse
    2. clicking your target
    3. clicking your hotkey

with clique(or healbot) you'll merge 2 and 3, and imho make you more responsive.

I've tried both Healbot and Grid + Clique myself, and they depend on the situation. Healbot, to me, feels more like it's better for 5 man situations.. I didn't like it when it was time to use it for raiding. Grid + Clique seemed easier to configure for raid situations, IMO...

I also like using Decursive rather than what's included in Healbot or Grid + Clique.. it basically shows you what your entire party/raid is afflicted with, and what you are able to cleanse. I recommend this for any class that can remove poisons, diseases, magic effects, or curses. This makes it so that you don't have to target the person in order to cleanse them, which is very helpful.

Another item that is nice for anyone is Omni CC. This basically gives you a visual countdown on the spell if it has a cooldown to let you know when exactly it is up, great for spells like HoSalvation, Holy Shock, Divine Favor, etc. Not directly related to unit frames but it's always helpful to have.

I just use Healbot. I like it's simplicity. I wouldn't use it for a 25 man evironment though, but for 5 and 10 man groups it's great. Perhaps if I'd hide my normal raidframes and just use Healbot for that I could get used to it, dunno about that yet.

In addition to binding just about every healing tool I have to my mouse, it also shows me curable debuffs in colour and with an audio signal (aka curses and poisons for me)

I have tried clique and grid in the past, but for me those offer an overload in options, most of which I don't need. Healbot (as I have it configured) shows health, mana, curable debuffs and icoming heals (also on groupmembers) and that;s all I need really.

Healbot shows aggro as well and it can show the HoT indicators on it too.

I like Healbot over Clique / Grid. I use XPerl and have my raid frames off to the side for easy click targeting as well as the xtra monitoring that it provides.

My healbot is set to decurse as well.

It works well for me.

I also like that I can have different skins for 5 mans / 10 mans / 25 mans and battlegrounds that are easly changed out as well. Plus Healbot can show your combos incase you have a blond momement when you mouse over a bar to heal.

Grid can do all the things you are describing.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeks View Post
    Grid can do all the things you are describing.
    Erhm, yes? And?

You like Grid, some of us like Healbot better. I kinda fail to see the relevance of your reply? Especially because the reason why Healbot was named is because it's a little bit easier to set up, and a little more lightweight, but still (as you're basically pointing out yourself) offers all the nessecary tools for effective healage.

I wondering what then makes Grid the superior choice to you.

There is an age old debate over healing addons, and people tend to be very passionate about their choice.

All in all play around with the different options and go with the setup that you feel conformable with. There is no perfect UI, or addons to build one from. If so blizzard would have probably implemented it into the default interface.

I have used both grid/clique and healbot on my shaman. Atm I prefer healbot simply because I am more conformable with the way I have it setup, although you can get more technical with the setup of grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eide View Post
    Erhm, yes? And?

You like Grid, some of us like Healbot better. I kinda fail to see the relevance of your reply? Especially because the reason why Healbot was named is because it's a little bit easier to set up, and a little more lightweight, but still (as you're basically pointing out yourself) offers all the nessecary tools for effective healage.

I wondering what then makes Grid the superior choice to you.
    Of course it comes down to choice. However you were listing things that healbot can do in a way that inferred grid could not. Was merely pointing out that your gripes with grid were unfounded in that case.

As to why I like grid it is a much more customizable interface that allows me to set up my raid frames to show a ton of information while still being minimalist and straight forward.

In fact you weren't directly replying to a reply of mine, I even posted somehwere in here that I've used Grid before.

As I wrote there, Grid (and clique for that matter) offer options I don't really need. They aren't truelly healling addons in my opinion even, but more a complete raidframe set, with advanced options for healers, but Grid is also a nice tool for a raidleader or even a tank. I am more than happy with my normal raidframes though (X-perl).

The argument that was made before was that Healbot offers all the nessecary options, but it offers them in a lightweight format, which is easy to setup, and can easily run besides a normal raidframe addon. Additionally, having used Grid myself I have to say I have yet to find a single option which I actually use that healbot doesn't offer. That's not to say that Healbot is better, but it's friendlier I'd say.

I suppose if you're after the ultimate customisation Grid offers you more in that sense, and in all honestly, if I'd be doing 25 mans I would probably not use Healbot, as the different setups offered don't really work for me in a 25 man evorinment. For 10 man content it's a completly different thing though, and for me the easy and simplicity of Healbot are superior to Grid in those environments.

+ Reply to Thread