Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Howto: Modify OmniCC to show 1/10 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Satrina View Post
    Wouldn't on hit make for some unintended fun when trying to type normal text?
    Not sure I understand what you mean. As far as I understand it, it will simply work just like you normaly typing here. As soon as your finger hits the button the spell goes off... much like as soon as you hit the letter 'L' when typing it appears on the screen. If you are saying it will work backwords and the letter wont appear when typing till you release the button... that I do not know.

(I have zero experience with AutoHotKey)
    as do I.

This is where I saw the post.

What I mean is, if it's going to spam the key the moment the key goes down then I'd imagine your text messages in chat would look like tttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssss
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

It's just changing when the spell goes off? Instead of having it cast on buttonrelease it's casting on button press.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharr View Post
    It's just changing when the spell goes off? Instead of having it cast on buttonrelease it's casting on button press.
    Satrinais refering to text at this point not spells. And if you are typing and hit a letter, after about .5 sec of you holding it that letter down it just spams the letter. So the question at hand now is how does this inpact normal typing not text. If this program/script recognizes you hitting a latter as only one keystroke (despite how long you hold it down for) then you should not see any problems in text.

But as the poster said, using scripts like that could be a breach of ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedraxis View Post
    But as the poster said, using scripts like that could be a breach of ToS.
    Which was my question, however, its still one action per one keypress so i dont know.

Well, the G15 does basically the same thing on its G-keys and WoW explicitly supports that keyboard, so I can't see how Blizzard would come down on AutoHotKey for doing the same thing. Then again, I am in no position to give an authoritative answer.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

4) If you want the countdown to continue past 0.5 seconds, search for UpdateTimer. You want the second instance of it. You should see this:

Code:
        local remain = timer.duration - (GetTime() - timer.start)
        if remain >= 0 then
    I haven't actually tried it out yet to see the difference, but I'm wondering if this should be > 0 instead of >=.

It seems to me that if remain is 0 then we shouldn't bother displaying time left since there isn't any.

New Omni CC Version of 26.April does not work with the 0,1 sec change. If I modify the file it does not work at all.

Any help?

[2009/05/09 12:05:19-245-x1]: OmniCC-2.4.1\full.lua:479: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 295) near '<eof>'

---

Line 295 is the function OmniCC:GetFormattedTime(s). I did copy it (three times now) exactly as in the first page. Until the Version of 26 April it did work.

Change Log:

* Renamed Min Size, Min Duration sliders to Size Threshold and Duration Threshold
    * Added a new slider, Finish Effect Threshold - Used to determine how long a cooldown must last before OmniCC will trigger a finish effect (pulse, shine, etc)
    Last edited by Sarkan-ZdC; 05-09-2009 at 03:12 AM.

Added an option to display tenths of seconds for durations < 3 seconds.

YAY!

Yep, gonna close this out now since it's moot.

Closed Thread