Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Howto: Modify OmniCC to show 1/10 seconds

Howto: Modify OmniCC to show 1/10 seconds

I had a few requests for this, so here we go. What this does is make it so when your OmniCC cooldowns are under 2 seconds, it will display the time remaining to 1/10 of a second:

1) Head on over to OmniCC in your addons directory (.../World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/OmniCC)

2) Edit the file full.lua in your favourite text editor (notepad is fine)

3) Search for GetFormattedTime. You want the second instance of it. You should see this:

Code:
    function OmniCC:GetFormattedTime(s)
      if s >= DAY then
        return format('%dd', floor(s/DAY + 0.5)), s % DAY
      elseif s >= HOUR then
        return format('%dh', floor(s/HOUR + 0.5)), s % HOUR
      elseif s >= MINUTE then
        if s <= MINUTE*3 and self:UsingMMSS() then
          return format('%d:%02d', floor(s/60), s % MINUTE), s - floor(s)
        end
        return format('%dm', floor(s/MINUTE + 0.5)), s % MINUTE
      end
      return floor(s + 0.5), s - floor(s)
    end
    Change it to this (the parts you are interested in are bolded):

Code:
    function OmniCC:GetFormattedTime(s)
      if s >= DAY then
        return format('%dd', floor(s/DAY + 0.5)), s % DAY
      elseif s >= HOUR then
        return format('%dh', floor(s/HOUR + 0.5)), s % HOUR
      elseif s >= MINUTE then
        if s <= MINUTE*3 and self:UsingMMSS() then
          return format('%d:%02d', floor(s/60), s % MINUTE), s - floor(s)
        end
        return format('%dm', floor(s/MINUTE + 0.5)), s % MINUTE
      elseif s > 2 then
        return floor(s + 0.5), s - floor(s)
      end
      return format("%0.1f", s), 0.1
    end
    4) If you want the countdown to continue past 0.5 seconds, search for UpdateTimer. You want the second instance of it. You should see this:

Code:
    function OmniCC:UpdateTimer(timer)
      local rScale = timer:GetEffectiveScale() / UIParent:GetEffectiveScale()
      local iconScale = floor(timer:GetWidth() + 0.5) / ICON_SIZE --icon sizes seem to vary a little bit, so this takes care of making them round to whole numbers

if iconScale*rScale < self:GetMinScale() or iconScale == 0 then
        timer.toNextUpdate = 1
        timer.text:Hide()
      else
        local remain = timer.duration - (GetTime() - timer.start)
        if floor(remain + 0.5) > 0 then
        <snip>
    Change it to this (the parts you are interested in are bolded):

Code:
    function OmniCC:UpdateTimer(timer)
      local rScale = timer:GetEffectiveScale() / UIParent:GetEffectiveScale()
      local iconScale = floor(timer:GetWidth() + 0.5) / ICON_SIZE --icon sizes seem to vary a little bit, so this takes care of making them round to whole numbers

if iconScale*rScale < self:GetMinScale() or iconScale == 0 then
        timer.toNextUpdate = 1
        timer.text:Hide()
      else
        local remain = timer.duration - (GetTime() - timer.start)
        if remain >= 0 then
        <snip>
    Last edited by Satrina; 01-14-2009 at 02:29 PM.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Thanks! I was hoping you would post this.

Thank you SO much (sorry I missed this topic).

it shows your OmniCC cd's down to the last one-tenth of a second, so you can better gauge when to hit a cd or when to stop an attack. I know sometimes I sit there when it says 1 second and think to myself. could I have hit another devastate before SS came back up? and end up waiting almost 2 seconds for it to come and think to myself damnit.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    I know sometimes I sit there when it says 1 second and think to myself. could I have hit another devastate before SS came back up? and end up waiting almost 2 seconds for it to come and think to myself damnit.
    This is exactly the reason I did this. Often I am sitting there wondering if I can fit another devastate (or whatever) in before my Revenge or Shield Slam cooldowns are up. I'm positive I'm losing a fair bit of DPS this way. Very excited to put it to use tonight.

Keylogger.

(I hope I did this right)
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    Keylogger.

(I hope I did this right)

If you are meaning that you hope you got the code correct because you were going off memory then: Yes, you were right.

If you were meaning you hope you got your keylogger to infect us all then: No, you didn't do it properly because you weren't supposed to tell us.

Thank you Satrina! I hate guessing when my cooldown will hit the 1.5 seconds mark.

You got to be careful Xav.. anything that ends in .lua cant be trusted... blizzard GM's told me so. And blizz would never lie.

.. shamans finnally got that good totem manager built into the wow ui, just like they said, right?

Thanks so much for posting this, Satrina.

Question: I see the cooldown time disappear at 0.6 seconds - but the cooldown spiral continues. I can't hit the ability again until the spiral finishes as well. Is that the way its supposed to be? Is there a way to be able to hit the ability at the .6 sec mark?
    Last edited by gardek; 01-13-2009 at 08:15 PM.

0.6s is generally when I start hitting the next key in rotation anyway (3-4 taps to make sure you squeeze the GCD) but I will poke around, perhaps there is a little bug in OmniCC that isn't noticeable until you change this.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Thanks Satrina very helpful.

I'm actually noticing a similar behavior, at around .5sec left on the CD. The "cooldown spiral" still shows, and I'm still "locked" out of the ability, but it disappears. I can provide a video of this behavior if need be.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

I believe you! I just never considered it a problem since as I said, that's when I start tapping squeeze the GCD and never considered it to be anything of consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Satrina View Post
    0.6s is generally when I start hitting the next key in rotation anyway (3-4 taps to make sure you squeeze the GCD) but I will poke around, perhaps there is a little bug in OmniCC that isn't noticeable until you change this.
    Speaking of which, any clue if the AutoHotKey code on-button-hit instead of on-button-release is against ToS? Since you can get a much quicker responce time.

Wouldn't on hit make for some unintended fun when trying to type normal text? (I have zero experience with AutoHotKey)

Added step 4 for people who want the countdown to continue past 0.5 seconds. The culprit is a rounding operation that OmniCC does, assuming that it will never display a cooldown count under 1 second.

Now you get to be like a caster and learn where your latency meets the GCD! For example, with this showing all the way down to 0.0, I can hit arcane explosion at 0.2 remaining and have it go off (my typical latency is 100-120ms). If I double tap at 0.3, I am hitting the GCD as it ends always. Similarly with shield slam and revenge, I can double tap at 0.3 (in reality, I tend to 3-tap at 0.4) and get it to go
    Last edited by Satrina; 01-14-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Closed Thread