+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick Silly Parry Question

Quick Silly Parry Question

I am trying to help out another tank in my guild. He seems to believe that the diminishing returns for Parry means the more you parry at the start of a boss fight the less you'll parry at the end.

Am I completely off my rocker in thinking that diminishing returns, as far as parry goes, is for the higher your rating the less parry you get for your stats ... and has nothing at all to do with how many times you can parry a boss based on how many times you've already parried the boss?

He also seems to think that somebody using DW versus a 2-hander has an incrased chance to parry. Uh..... ? really?

(He's a DK btw)
    Last edited by Orz; 01-13-2009 at 12:42 PM.

You are correct. He is very confused.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Orz View Post

He also seems to think that somebody using DW versus a 2-hander has an incrased chance to parry. Uh..... ? really?
    The chance any individual strike will be parried is the same (dependent on his expertise score), but he is hitting more often because he is dual wielding. Therefore he will see more parries overall.

Edit: I just re-read that statement, and think I misunderstood you. The player doesn't have an increased chance to parry the mob unless the two weapons they are dual wielding have more parry rating on them than the 2 hander :P

well depends on how you want to describe your scenario.

a person who is Dual Wielding and swinging at a boss does infact have a higher rate of getting his attacks parried by the boss because you effectively swing more often. the chance at which you get parried is the same though, but since you attack twice as often, you'll get parried twice as often as well. (14.25% is 14.25%, expertise helps here)

but from the other end if a person is dual wield tanking a boss, he has no different % chance to parry as if he were to equip an exact equal stat weapon as his 2 1handed weapons and stood there tanking with a 2hander.

character sheet says 15% parry chance, means he'll parry 15% of the bosses attacks, whether he's dual wielding or 2hand tanking or barefisted whatever, that 15% is 15%

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    character sheet says 15% parry chance, means he'll parry 15% of the bosses attacks, whether he's dual wielding or 2hand tanking or barefisted whatever, that 15% is 15%
    Actually i think you need a weapon equiped to parry

;P busted.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Heh, thank you all, just wanted to make sure there were no small changes that I somehow missed in some patch before telling him he needs to do more research before posting that kind of stuff.

+ Reply to Thread