+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ready or Not for Naxx?

Ready or Not for Naxx?

Grimtorn's Build.

My guild is more casual raiding then anything else, but we wiped out in our first attempt at Naxx. 12 wipes on the first boss in the spider wing to be exact. I OT'd those fights and I'm still not sure where things went wrong...

So is it me? Is it my gear?

As an aside, I'm pretty sure the armory doesn't reflect gear in frost presence - I'm certain the armor is actually up over 22k.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions - I'm open to most anything at this point.

As the Anub OT, all you need to do is pick up the adds... Were you having trouble holding onto aggro? Were they beating the crap out of you and stressing your healers?

Does your guild even know the fight?

As for your gear, it needs work. Start doing the Wyrmrest dailies and get into some Heroics. You should be alright to tank those.

Ninja edit - Was this 10 or 25 man Naxx?

I'd really advise more Normal and Heroic level 80 instances to pick up what pieces you can while your guild continues to work on Naxx. You don't specify 10 or 25, but in either case your guild will find it easier if everyone is making those incremental improvements outside the raid until you can clear it.

It is really important to know the mechanics of that fight before you beat yourself up about wiping. If you have any questions about how the fight works you should watch the video here, all their stuff is really helpful.

If you are doing the fight correctly and still wiping, then you should assign a healer to run to the opposite side of the ring and throw some heals on you.

If your tank doesn't have a natural run speed increase it can be tricky to get out of the locus swarm.

From your gear I would assume its just mechanics failure, not a gear failure.

Sorry 'bout that - it's 10 man Naxx. We don't have the numbers for 25. Sometimes, we don't even have the numbers for 10, but I digress...

I believe I understand the fight, but I'm still a new tank. By and large I held aggro just fine on my corpse guards, but there were a few times when our DPS-happy mage would take aggro (usually when I was repositioning the guard).

+ Reply to Thread