+ Reply to Thread

Thread: alternate gear for trash?

alternate gear for trash?

First of all the qualifiers:

1. This does not include soloing/boss fights. In some cases, alternate gear is highly beneficial.
    2. This does not include any current or future 'magical resist' sets or special 'required to down certain foes' pieces.
    3. This does not include future speculation of raids and dungeons not yet implemented.
    4. This is not about gear ranking, gear guides, or armories. Just the straight 'concept' thereof

I was wondering if I'm the only one morbidly asking myself about gear swapping for trash. I mean, in general, naxx trash, OS trash, vault trash, and even heroic trash with a few exceptions can be rammed through like a square peg in a round hole. However, I hear so much suggestion of people regearing/trinket swapping/what have you for trash. I mean, it's not the killer trash of BC anymore (example: Void Reaver's room.) I don't know how much they're amping construct wing of naxx25, but honestly, mowing through it is more then a casual annoyance then SSC bog-lord frustration.

I carry a block set for sar+drakes and the boss fights that may require them, but I must know,

do many people regear for trash?

I mean, the reason why you would is sound. However, I did some testing and some swaps, then went to ask my healers and the response they got is "either way we pretty much are asleep back here till the next boss fight." I don't want to sound like a callous idiot or anything. Just kinda boggling the idea of if I'm doing a disservice by not changing after each boss fight in a wing in naxx (with some exceptions. Block set helps in the post-heigan supression room, as well as lotheb.) Am I doing something wrong?

if u got the gold and the time, why not ..

hell i've spent about a dozen hours making my fishing RP set, why not make a prot dps set.

I've replaced "trash set" with DPS/TPS set that has far higher threat output but little bit less avoidance than boss tanking set, basically some block value gear gemmed with +str. Probably will be using that set more and more, worked wonders on Malygos 25 because DPS is just doing silly amounts of damage on P1 which makes you appreciate all extra threat you can get.

TBC style trash set with high block rating doesn't seem all that necessary now, in my opinion you're better off investing in threat gear.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

I wear a High Block set for trash, and most everything else now myself.

I run two sets of gear. The first one is my high hit (251) and expertise (36) gear that I use for tanking all bosses. When I am tanking trash, I wear a set of gear that has high block value (1500) and block rating (42%). I think every bit of AOE agro helps the DPS let loose, and let loose early.

You should absolutely change gear when you're tanking trash mobs. My trash mob set consists of 535 Def (this is the crit cap for 82 and below mobs), and High Crit for making trash bleed with every Thunderclap and Shockwave crit. If the healers are falling asleep, the best you can do is wear a set that allows you to help kill the mobs faster with DPS. Find the set that makes you speed through trash without stressing the healers out too much.
    Stay strong. Stay smart. All heart.

high BV/BR for trash along with threat so you can tank and hold large groups of trash. I totally min max for block, expertise and hit at the cost of everything else for trash.

I charge into a pack of 5 mobs, blow my shield block ability, then blow my block trinket, and its all gravy.

This is nowhere near as effective when using my heavy boss gear, which has very high stam armor and avoidance with lower block.

+ Reply to Thread