+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Heroes Surrender vs Wall of Terror

Heroes Surrender vs Wall of Terror

So I managed to pick up the Wall of Terror a couple of weeks back and the Hero's Surrender last night.

I think Hero's Surrender is a better piece for avoidance/EH (dodge/parry/more sta) while Wall of Terror is more of a trash tanking item or for fights like Loatheb (more SBV). However, I was discussing this with another tank and he feels that Wall of Terror is a better piece. I think he takes that view because he's a a pally and SBV is potentially a better stat for them (but I could be wrong about that of course).

Any thoughts on this? (and it's going to be a bitch to regem/enchant because of loss of def again)

WoT has the highest armor and does up your block rating, maybe he likes those stats better than others. I personally would never unequip Hero's Surrender just because of the looks factor :P

Crunch the numbers in a calculator, see which offers the extra fractional of a percent higher success rate. That's what I do
    Former healbot now a Disgruntled protection warrior.

Well Hero's Surrender is more a Paladin shield than a warrior shield.. Personally i favor Wall of Terror. Got it a few days ago myself and i love it!

How is it more of a paladin shield than warrior? It has everything a warrior wants. Stamina, defense and avoidance.

Its more of a paladin shield becase of the high dodge, the only usefull thing on it really is the parry. Wall of Terror has Block + High Def rating which is most important for a warrior tank.

I'd say that dodge is A LOT better than block for warrior when raiding.

There is dodge on Wall of Terror also. So i'd rather take Dodge/Block/High Def rating over Hero's...

A warrior tanks main prio should be parry/block.. People just tend to go for dodge since its the easiest avoidance to get.

They're both tank shields. Theres nothing about any of them that says its more Warrior or more Paladin. Both classes make pretty much equal benefit out of both shields.

I agree with Omok on this. Barricade is the only with threat stats (expertise) and would be a threat shield of the 3. Hero's surrender has the highest avoidance of them, and Wall of Terror is better suited to trash/ae tanking because Shield Block becomes better the weaker your target hits you.
    Galushi - 85 Dwarf Warrior - Shadowsong US Alliance.
    Branigan - 85 Goblin Warrior - Kilrogg US Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by RingWraith View Post
    There is dodge on Wall of Terror also. So i'd rather take Dodge/Block/High Def rating over Hero's...

A warrior tanks main prio should be parry/block.. People just tend to go for dodge since its the easiest avoidance to get.
    Defense>dodge>parry>block imo

Def>Parry>dodge/block

Parry is better than dodge for a warrior tank

How on earth is parry better for a warrior tank then dodge?

If you find yourself in situation where your dodge is ~50% and parry at 5%, parry rating could actually give more avoidance per point
    But any real situation, dodge gives more avoidance per point and is the way to go until defense becomes more effective at some point after 20%.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

You also gain Rage from parries and you dont from Dodge, unless they changed that in wotlk :> havent really noticed

you dont gain rage from the parry, your next white hit is just hasted, similar to parry haste bosses get. The slight increase from threat with a tank weapon and parrys is pretty small.
    bigger deal for 2h DK tanks tho.

Def>Parry>dodge/block

Parry is better than dodge for a warrior tank
    Perhaps you should review this thread: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/4...e-ratings.html

You also gain Rage from parries and you dont from Dodge, unless they changed that in wotlk :> havent really noticed
    I can't believe how many people repeated this for all of TBC and it was never true... You don't get rage for parries.

Quote Originally Posted by Hengist View Post
    I can't believe how many people repeated this for all of TBC and it was never true... You don't get rage for parries.
    You do get rage from parries... Its dodge you dont get it from.

You get rage if you are parried, but you don't get rage when you parry. Besides, it would be a minor issue anyway, dodge would still be better than parry rating unless you somehow got to the level where you get more avoidance from parry rating than from dodge rating.

As others have said:
    BoE for main tanking, Hero's is almost the same but I would rather take the extra defense and expertise instead of dodge if you tend to stand in front of bosses. Wall of Terror for trash.

You do get rage from parries... Its dodge you dont get it from.
    No, you don't. You get nothing from both. It might appear you get rage from it cuz you practically get your white swing timer refreshed and get a white hit it, which generates rage. But you do not gain rage from purely avoiding an attack via a parry.

+ Reply to Thread