I'm working on getting my base stam up, because healers are reluctant to go on heroics with me. I have capped defense, but I'm not sure about stamina and avoidance. Here's a link... any advice would be much appreciated!
BTW, I'm about to get the tank necklace from BoH rewards, so you can take that into consideration.
It is pretty tough to stack stam without gem slots. You can get about 50 or so more stam if you replaced all your gems (except your meta gem) with +24 stam gems. Also if you havent added a gem slot with an Eternal Belt Buckle do so and put a 24 stam gem in it. Your gear in general could use some improvment (sry) but there is a trinket in Heroic Azjol-Nerub that gives you +111 Stam and Heroic Drak Theron has a few really good plate drops for you. Thats probably the easiest start for you. I hope this helps and good luck.
Let's see, for a pally tank that worked hard on getting the upper band rare gear...
1. Wait till patch (talent is being upped from 2% to 8% bonus stamina.) In addition, if you shell out a little cash for abyssal crystals there's a 40 stam(bracer) and 75 stam (weapon) enchant to be released. Mining is also going to be changed to a flat stamina bonus as well.
2. Speaking of enchants, there's a 275 to chest, 18 to shield, and 55 to leg. In addition, you can upgrade your gems to rare quality to squeeze every drop out of what you have. I know it's more expensive, but the effort to do so alone at least makes a statement on how hard you're trying.
Even though it's not really stam related, consider opening up the Sons of Hodir and running their dailies for the new shoulder enchants. In addition, the titanweave enchant to cloak would put you over the defense cap and maybe some trusted friends could start on some of the easy parts of naxx or an OT for VoA etcetera.
3. As Omok said, grind heroics. Even if it's a heroic not on your shopping list, heroics mean badges, and badges mean upgrades. Most heroics have something for you, I reccomend starting with a heroic VH. AN is another good instance to run, it's short, sweet, and two upgrades - but depending on your group, the first boss event can prove to be extremely difficult (we actually Two-tanked it before beginning raid progression.)
4. Craft that titansteel helm. Also after patch it'll have a meta and stam socket.
5. Work on your jewelcrafting and mining. Jewelcrafting will let you socket personal extremely high value stam gems as well as some other neat toys.
Can't think of any more at the moment. However, it does seem that you're going to have to pay a lot to get a little.
See here's the thing, my...well I'd even call him a co-tank was a pally with similar stats. The deal was from one month the the next we'd each have better rolls. For me it was in heroics, for him it was raiding. Granted, I don't reccomend it unless your MT is desent. Anyways, I'm not suggesting they run into naxx and MT the place, but more casually build up a friend base of 10 that would let this pally join them. Even wipes are useful in making gear determinations. Besides that, naxx10 is -for the most part- cake.
He offtanked through plague wing which doesn't really 'need' an offtank for much more then the gargoyles to first boss, but there's nothing wrong with them sitting in if all else covers well. Spider wing can get a bit dicey with offtank jobs. Military - Razuvius, one tank can pretty much fight naked. Gothik is a lootbag like noth, Just need a fast-footed tank live side. Horsemen does require a strong high-HP tank. Construct wing is when things get tank-ugly.
I digress, if you make the other changes to your gear, I think you can crowbar yourself in if you have good healer/dps buddies and a strong MT.
Contrary to my blog posts, I do enjoy new tanks that try their darnest and put forward the effort. Often they have the most to teach me. In which case I'm saying I'd take you - but only if you showed me you put effort into what you got by switching up enchants and gems etcetera.
Edit: And I disagree about the gear choice of upgrade being linear for shield-holding tanks after starting naxx 10. I think there's more diversity and branching taking place. Note the debates on raid weapons and shields alone.