+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Shielding a Prot. Warrior before a pull a no no?

I personally cancel that shield when it is casted directly. In some situations when you can't charge and start only with bloodrage, a few lucky dodges in a row and find yourself with a depleted rage bar even in malygos. Add this situation to some rushy dps and things can go ugly. Other than that it's nice to have a shield sometimes.

I really dislike shields before a pull. Always have, probably always will unless Blizz fixes it. (Which considering their track record with "Fixes" I'd really rather they didn't tweak with it)
    Tanks: We like it rough.

The only problems with pre-shielding is being in a aoe dps crazy group that starts the moment you charge in... not enough rage for the full aoe rotation.

I think alot if it is situational based. For (heroic) fights like Sapphiron where the raid need to possition themselves before hitting their nuke buttons, I can't see it being an issue. For something more intense where the enrage timer is your worst enemy (like Malygos), I would agree that a shield isn't as handy as you'd like it to be.

+ Reply to Thread