+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deep Wound Nerf

Deep Wound Nerf

deep wounds will be getting a nerf. i have yet to find what the nerf is but according to this post MMO-Champion BlueTracker - @GC.. Why nerf Deep Wounds? it appears they will be cutting DW damage soon. my question is how much of a nerf will cause it to not be viable to spec into for Prot or at what point should we just dump those points into crit again? if someone can find information that states what the nerf actually is i would be greatful.

I'd wait until we see how they're nerfing it before deciding whether to respec. It may still be worth taking for Prot.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

Yeah, the key here is how they nerf it. It'd have to take a hefty nerf overall to make it worse than a couple extra points in Cruelty (or AttT? haven't done the math yet).

What might be interesting is if they nerf the base damage, making it more dependent on weapon speed. This would reopen the slow vs. fast discussion again entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by shiz98 View Post
    Yeah, the key here is how they nerf it. It'd have to take a hefty nerf overall to make it worse than a couple extra points in Cruelty (or AttT? haven't done the math yet).

What might be interesting is if they nerf the base damage, making it more dependent on weapon speed. This would reopen the slow vs. fast discussion again entirely.
    Some sort of weapon speed normalization would be grand, because I think it's a real hassle now, switching between a quick and a slow weapon depending on the mob groups I'm tanking.

So here's to hoping they'll fix it that way. I did hear a mention of how DW's main issue is that it becomes too powerful with two-handers... Still, the main issue of it is PVP-related. As far as I've seen, Fury DPS is well on par with for example Retri as it is currently. (Our guild's fury warrior and retridin are at the same gear level, and do more or less exactly the same DPS in raids, give or take 15 points or something silly like that) So if they're nerfing DW, they'd best make sure to balance it out somewhere else. Don't nerf warrior damage, pl0x. I really like being able to AE tank somewhat decently nowadays.

Agreed, and coming from a Prot Pally perspective it'd be nice to see simply based on the weapons DPS like HoR.
    Of course coming from a Prot Warr, I might be a little biased to that idea, too :}

+s: all crits not coming from the weapon itself is normalized (TC,reflect)
    -s: probably still needs a little oomph for white damage/next attack skills for slower wpns

...so a formula off straight weapon DPS (dual wield a normalized DPS figure) in general
    ...for autoattack/next attack skills, the above * speed normalization factor

it'd be a real shame if they take away some of the procs with the AoE spread
    that's certainly part of the fun of it, but also certainly a way to level off dmg, too

[and the focus is fury/arms because you have the crit and/or weapon(s) to make it blow up]

The main issue of it isn't pvp related, it's pve related. Fury dps right now is very strong... but DW scales too quickly especially with it being unmitigated bleed damage. this means as fury warriors get better gear, DW will get more and more powerful. They're trying to find a way to keep it more in line. My guess is changing to a weapon speed normalization. That way prot warriors will see almost no change, our fast weapons will probably be normalized to keep at the same damage, but have the higher speed (bigger damage) weapons that fury/arms warriors are toting be dropped to a lower coefficient thus bringing it back in line.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

In-line with what Kazey said, I don't think this is even about what any Warriors are capable of now, but probably concerns about a well geared warrior in say T8 w/ epic gems etc.

TBH I can't wait for this patch, it's going to buff my build even more with the change to glyph of cleaving. I'm assuming I will be seeing about a 400ish dps increase with no changes at all in threat gen. Well, except an increase due to more DPS
    Last edited by Tarkonn; 01-09-2009 at 05:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread