+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Emblems of Valor Decision

Emblems of Valor Decision

My armory

I have collected ~40 Emblems of Valor and I have spent a ton of time trying to figure out what to spend them on. I really appreciate Vene's guide on the Gears and Rankings forum.

I do have one question though. Vene says the Platinum Mesh Cloak is a best in slot item. I've spent a lot of time looking at the top guilds and their warrior tanks and it seems that most of them wear the Cloak of the Shadowed Sun.

As the MT in a guild that can clear 3 wings of 25-man Naxx, I don't think it will be long before Cloak of the Shadowed Sun drops for me.

If Platinum Mesh really is a best in slot item I would buy it in a heartbeat seeing as my cloak is rather weak. I would hate to spend the 25 emblems only to replace it with Shadowed Sun in a week though.

Using the emblems on Kyzoc's Ground Stompers might make sense since I don't see us downing Thaddius in the near future for the Sabatons of Endurance. On the other hand, picking up the Signet of the Impregnable Fortress to get the added defense and to not have to think about rings for a while would be nice.

The only thing holding me back from the boots or the ring purchase is that my boots and rings are pretty nice currently in comparison to my cloak. What do you think?

Your gear is remarkably similar to mine, I have gotten a few upgrades. Some valorous pieces, new pants from 25 man OS, Shield from Malygos. My advice, pick up the cloak. We are clearing 25 man Naxx and I didn't wait for a better cloak to drop. IMO the Platinum Mesh Cloak is the best cloak to have. The boots aren't a huge upgrade, and rings are pretty easy to pick up as half the bosses in Naxx have a chance to drop them.
    Whatever you decide, IMO cloak of the enemy is a better choice than armed strife, but youre def capped so who knows.

I have the cloak of the shadowed sun and I still wear the platinum mesh cloak. The only advantage the shadowed sun has is the Effective health rating through the 490 armor.

Edit: and strength. whoopsie.

+ Reply to Thread