+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid Tank - Need help gems enchant & Gear

Druid Tank - Need help gems enchant & Gear

Feral tank 0/55/16 and heres my problem
    am not quite sure if i am optimising my gems and seems like i been mainly relying on stam gems then anything else so i need some recommendation on other gems i can use.
    I belive my enchant are roughly okay but i would still like an second opinon about this.
    And the last thing is that can i get any more better gears from running heroics pre naxx ?

My stats are the following: -
    36% dodge and 45% dodge with everything proc'd
    21758 armor - 58.82% Phsyical damage reduction
    Crit immune (talented )
    32532 Hp
    All of these are un buffed.

The World of Warcraft Armory<-- My armory Charcter

Should i also be stacking more armor and getting rid of some dodge ?

First of all sort out your talents in my opinion: take improved leader of the pack, and infected wounds.
    You can change these on cost of mangle CD reduction (it's damage is going to be reduced anyway) and reduce some rend and tear in my opinion. Druid tanks do quite a damage these days anyway with gear changes/glyphs and all-loved swipe.
    If you do not dps in cat form alot, also I would advice to take off primary furry - why would you want 5 rage on every crit you get if you have reduced chance to be crited by atacker anyway? You wouldn't see me around in cat form unless I'm running so I do not bother to have that talent.

I think there is never enough of stamina for druids - thats what we are proud off! Say: wait untill you see me in bear form... but if your armor lets you down, stamina goes like puff!!

So, I would advice to get more armor - simple - get a new staff
    from heroic UK last boss, (maybe you have it and it just doesn't show on armory?). I'm ashamed to say I couldnt tell exact percent or my armor unbuffed... but I still hope to get more. (comparing amories I nearly have 1 k more in caster form...)

I think only dodge gems are pretty limited, and better go with agility(little armor/dodge and crit for damage! ). Too bad you have to make a compromise on agility and expertise cose they are both red gems and gear offers red/yellow slots usually and orange slots suck bad for tanking in my opinion, (please correct me if im wrong).
    Also, gems need a review with every item you change - one day you think you would do anything for more expertise, next day you get and item and rating is fixed!
    So getting Gems is ongoing daily quest I think.
    .......Millet
    <Remorseless>

You need way more armor. Druids specialize in armor and HP and armor is the most important. You want to have at least 30k with MoW on in bear. Try some of these:
    Enraged Feral Staff
    Idol of Perspicacious Attacks
    Offering of Sacrifice
    Nerubian Shield Ring
    Trollwoven Girdle w/ belt buckle
    Titanium Earthguard Chain

Quote Originally Posted by Millet View Post
    If you do not dps in cat form alot, also I would advice to take off primary furry - why would you want 5 rage on every crit you get if you have reduced chance to be crited by atacker anyway? You wouldn't see me around in cat form unless I'm running so I do not bother to have that talent.
    NO! Bad advice. Primal Furry is when you crit you get rage. That's a needed talent on AoE pulls and still great on boss fights. There is also a point where you really don't need more stam. For the majority of the fights you will not need more than 40k (raid buffed) so stacking avoidance after that is good.

Ok back to some advice. Your armor is very low. And you really should take Imp Leader of the Pack unless some other durid has it in your raid. If you can get the feral staff from Heroic UK use that for tanking. The armor is great and will mitigate more damage than from the dodge you get from your staff. Even after the patch armor on gear is still very good.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhand View Post
    NO! Bad advice. Primal Furry is when you crit you get rage. That's a needed talent on AoE pulls and still great on boss fights. There is also a point where you really don't need more stam. For the majority of the fights you will not need more than 40k (raid buffed) so stacking avoidance after that is good.

Ok back to some advice. Your armor is very low. And you really should take Imp Leader of the Pack unless some other durid has it in your raid. If you can get the feral staff from Heroic UK use that for tanking. The armor is great and will mitigate more damage than from the dodge you get from your staff. Even after the patch armor on gear is still very good.

My apologies! I must have misunderstood, cose their wording is very confusing! (and english is not my first laguage apperently )
    It says: when you GET critical strike in bear form, instead of saying, 'your critical strikes in bear from' that confused me.

Of to druid trainer I go!!...
    .......Millet
    <Remorseless>

+ Reply to Thread