+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Want to begin Wotlk heroics

Want to begin Wotlk heroics

Hi all.

Right at the release of the new xpac, I respecced to Prot from Fury. My question is: what would be the minimum accepted stats to begin tanking the heroics. I ran UK a couple weeks ago and wiped big time on the first 2 trash pulls, lol. Since that time I have upgraded a few pieces but still dont want to waste anyones time if not yet equipped. I will post the link to the armory profile and would appreciate any advice as to what stats could use most improvements before I start applying enchants.

Thanks

The World of Warcraft Armory

I'd suggest looking at http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/4...gear-list.html

The most accepted stats for beginning easier heroics
    (nexus, UK) are 20k health 20k armor and 540 defense.

To be fair, after the first 2 guys in UK the trash is bunched up funny and if you aren't familiar you can end up pulling 3 guys, 4 guys, or 10 guys =O.

Gear wise, you need more defense. You can either go the enchant route + belt buckle with defense gem. Or you can grind regular HoL for the +defense trinket. If you get a healer you really trust though, you can survive heroics. I actually did my first 4 with the same stats you have: Culling, Nexus, UK, DtK (only wiping to people not moving on Keri and trying to do the King Dred achievement heh).

Moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Hello,
    Apart from reading tha guide,I would suggest a few things here.

1.Get the trinket out of Reglar HoL,and relace the Medallion.

2. Make ure you have everything enchanted. This includes getting even the cheap leg armor kit, an geting a buckle for your belt,and getting the shoulder enchant fro either son's of Hodir, or from scryer/aldor rep. Also get the helm enchant from Argent Crusade, orif you don't have the rep. go back to CoT and get the one from them.

You only need 535 defense for heroics, 540 is for raiding.

There's some BS stuff that you can get cheap from AH if you want to increase your defense, Daunting Handguards, Daunting Legplates and Tempered Saronite Bracers. I have leveled BS and could only sell these pieces for maybe 20-25 g.

Get revered with Wyrmrest for the chest. And get the scryer/aldor shoulder enchant. Then you should be good to go I think.

*$

Thanks so much for the replies. I managed to do a semi-good job first time around (thank god for the patient and equally new to heroic party members). Looking forward to doing it again.

+ Reply to Thread