+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spec for tanking Naxx/Heroics

Spec for tanking Naxx/Heroics

currently my guild is already in naxx, they have a warrior tanking it, although he is a bit inexperienced. once I hit 80, I will be going in as off-tank, and possibly main tank if he can't handle it. here is my current spec:

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Death Knight -> Talent Calculator

I plan on dropping my last 2 points into toughness. in 5 mans it seems to hold up pretty good, no complaints from any of the healers I have run with and no wipes so far due to agro loss, or not being able to be healed through something. although I have noticed that the threat output is patchy at times. usually on a mob that I am just holding with DnD, and UB though. so not too worried about that.

any suggestions would help. also I will have no problems with replying as to why i took certain talents as well. I know I'm probably no where close to the normal tanking spec for unholy.

I wouldnt use your build and ill explain some talents that you got:
    1) 2H Spec - its so good for threat, but isnt so relevant
    2) Unholy Command - usually you dont need to use Death Grip 2 times in same combat. You have Dark Command to taunt target either.
    3) Corpse Explosion - i dont think that this be good talent for tank, i would preffer to use this talent in arena, avoiding rez. =P
    4) Blood Cake Blood - its very good talent, but i think that this is better for DPS.
    5) Summon Gargoyle - its for single target, but Unholy Tanks are better with AoE, then i'd try get talents to increase this feature.
    6) Unholy Aura - isnt so relevant.
    7) Wandering Plague - Tank doesnt have high crit, then this talent wont proc often.

I would use this build: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft
    These are benefits from by build:
    1) Bladed Armor - increase a lot of Atck Power = increase base damage.
    2) Rune Tap - Self Healing.
    3) Epidemic - increase duration your diseases, allowing to use another skills.
    4) Ravenous Dead - increase Strenght = increase Atck Power = increase base damage.
    5) Virulence - +1% Spell Hit
    6) Full Desecration - +5% damage in that area.

Follow the link to my Armory for what you want to spec.

your spec listed is just way to funky to fix really. The cookie cutter starter tank spec is 9/11/51. Use it, love it, learn to manage CD's and youll be fine.

I spec this for Naxx tanking due to the fact that I am the Farlina tank for the enrages. 3 SW is just OP for now.
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

thanks for the advise guys, I'll give it a try.

+ Reply to Thread