+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EH till when?

EH till when?

Hi All,

I have only been Tanking since just before WotLK so Iím an not 100% on EH v's Avoidance, I have read a lot on this site and it has been great help and so i have been stacking EH for our progression nights and trying to build an avoidance set on the side (though i seem to have more luck with healing drops atm)

My Armory Profile:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Detriment

As you can see I have been pushing pretty heavily for Stam and I am starting wonder if I have gone over the top and should be looking at more avoid on my standard kit.

Is the are point were we have reached our minimum EH and should be looking to start stack Avoid?

At present I am Tanking for a casual 10 man guild and we are running Naxx, VoA and will be attempting 1 drake OS this week (we can breeze through 0 drake) My Co-Tank is a Warrior.

Cheers in advance for any assistance.

Det.

I would definitely look into more avoidance.. i wouldn't necessarily risk your stam as you should get nice avoidance running the naxx and getting the tier 7 badge gear as well.

Don't worry too much about it. I wouldn't go swapping out gems and enchants for now, your stats are fine for tanking all 10 men content in game and more spread stats will come with gear upgrades.

(Btw get some new bracers, I'd say even blue tanking bracers are better then the healing ones.)

One of the things I would certainly go for though is trying to get uncritable without the use of the defense trinket. This gives you more room to use gear for the fight: need health, swap in health trinkets, need some more avoidance, swap in avoidance trinkets.

With tanking btracers, a defense enchant on your shield, and the sons of hodir rep enchant on your shoulders you can easily get enough defense that you don't need Seal of the Pantheon to reach uncrit. The Sons of Hodir enchant is really one you wanne spend you time grinding the rep on.

Cool thanks guys,

I have the minon bracers I must have left the healing ones on when i logged out last night. I was healing for 4HM (we only have 2 healers and no off spec heals other then me.)

I'm very tempted to make a 2nd Monarch Crab or maybe a Rabit and put two +27 Def gems in it just for the option.

I like to make strong pieces stronger.
    Have a high avoidance chest and a high stamina one?
    Gem the first for even more avoidance and the second for stamina.

Otherwise you end up with 2 average pieces instead of one high avoidance piece and a high stamina one where you can change em if the situation demands it.

+ Reply to Thread