+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Druid Armor cap

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    71

    Druid Armor cap

    With the 12% protector of the pack bonus it would seem you only need 33720 to get to 75% against a lvl 83 target. I'm not good with the wow math can anyone confirm or deny this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    213
    I'm sure that couldn't be true. I have that much armor raid buffed and I know I take far less damage when I get a sham/priest crit heal on me to push my armor to 40k+.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    15
    There is 75% cap for damage reduction from armor, to reach it you require 49905 armor. Any other other damage reduction talents or bonuses are calculated after armor damage reduction and are in no way affilated with this cap.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    There is 75% cap for damage reduction from armor, to reach it you require 49905 armor. Any other other damage reduction talents or bonuses are calculated after armor damage reduction and are in no way affilated with this cap.
    so a druid could potentially stop 84% of physical dmg then?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    15
    An imaginary bear with armor cap and no buffs from other classes will mitigate 78% of incoming physical damage, dunno where 84 have come from.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,426
    multiplicative owlcapwn not additive.

    75% cap leaves 25% damage intake, you then reduce this damage by another 12% which is .88*25 = 22% damage take overall.

    that means as Immortal stated, a total 78% incoming physical damage mitigated.

    the higher you come to the armor cap, the less and less our bonus % multipliers give us, similiar to warriors 10% defensive stance.

    READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    multiplicative owlcapwn not additive.
    im not sure who was adding but i was obviously multiply the wrong factor

    i had the 12% going on top of the 75% instead of reducing the remainder

    75% x 1.12 = 84%

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,426
    oh no, what you do is this formula
    1-(1-A)(1-B)(1-C).....etc to figure out these multiplying factors.

    READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts