+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Meta choice for Tempered Titansteel come 3.08?

Meta choice for Tempered Titansteel come 3.08?

I am having a hard time deciding what meta I want to toss in my Tempered Titansteel helm come 3.08. I can't seem to decide on either the 32stam 2%armor gem or the 21def 5%block value gem. My current stats are; 24.5k hp, 22.3k armor, 551 def [yeah, I have a def gem i need to change out, and a trinket slot I should change to a stam or threat trinket], 19.5 dodge, 16 parry and 16 block with a block value of 870 [or there abouts]. I have been running heroics for the last couple of days and have not had any real problems, other than some ugly pug experiences. My threat seems fine and I am over the 540 min for uncritability. Due to this I am not sure if I should take the def/bv meta or the stam/armor meta. Any discussion on this would be appreciated, I went through the 3.08 preparedness guide and still can't answer my own question.

Just for the record, I tried to add spaces to paragraphes in there and it didn't seem to work, sorry.

I guess it's all on what you need, but most tanks I know are going with Austere Earthsiege Diamond - Item - World of Warcraft

Since your well over the def cap, its not like you need the def(not saying its bad, more is certainly better) but more EH and the armor increase is nice.

Also, looking at your armory page it looks like currently you don't meet the gem requirements to activate the metas(Need 2 blues & 1 red I believe).

My 2 coppers.

I would always use the +armor meta, if I get the T7 or 7.5 helm I'll put the + shield block value gem on that or the + crit damage for my Trash set.

Gemming to the strength of the helm means putting the stam and armor meta gem in. Put the SBV and def rating mete in the T7 helm when you pick it up.

Can someone kindly post the stats of the Tempered Titansteel Helm with the 3.08 changes?

At the moment I'm defense capped with a Deep Wounds build and I try to find any and all ways to increase my damage. Just blowing apart threat meters with 8k shield slams makes me giddy so I would go for the Def/5%SBV enchant myself. I currently have 1 or 2 sockets being used by defense gems so maybe I can find the wiggle room to get some more expertise or stamina.

I'd say if survivability is an issue for you, go with the 2% armor one. If you're using defense gems to say above uncrittable, go with the SBV one to make room for stamina and expertise. Excluding Patchwerk and Gluth there aren't many encounters that rely on heavy physical mitigation so the armor is moot most of the time.

Like Cider has been saying, we've become quasi DPS classes that can actually help things like enrage timers. Gearing for more damage is as much your responsibility as it is for a rogue or lock. You just need to DPS the boss while he's facing a different direction.

+ Reply to Thread