+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Warrior and Gear

My Warrior and Gear

Hi all,

Just want to start off with that I have been playing World of Warcraft since U.S Beta and have loved the game ever since, I would say that I am an experienced player, but I know there is loads about the game that I do not know about.

I have been playing my Warrior since the release in Europe and have loved being a tank. What I would like is for what I would say the more experienced players than me that read up and absolutely everything about their class to have a look at my Warrior and tell me is I going in the right direction?

Personally I am trying to make sure that I have enough avoidance, hit/expertise and health so that I am balanced for raids. I know it is so easy to fill up all your gem slots with +24 Stamina gems and laugh when you see your health at 40K fully raid buffed, but then your threat per second will be very low.

So letís start off with my gear, here is the link to my character on wow armory.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Avoidance: I haven't really tried to enchant and gem for Avoidance at the moment as I felt that most of the gear comes with enough already. The main avoidance enchant I went for was +2% threat and +10 Parry Rating. This was sole because of the +2% threat as personally I believe it to be better than +15 Expertise or +15 Hit on gloves.

Health: When I get a blue socket I tend to get a +24 Stamina gem as their isn't a great avoidance/expertise/hit gem to go into a blue socket. On top of that due to the majority of the socket bonus' being +stamina its good to correctly socket them.

Hit/Expertise: Now this is the tricky part for me, we all know for tanks to produce enough threat they need to hit the target as much as possible, but to keep up enough avoidance and health and cap Expertise and Hit can be quite hard.

So as you can see in most of the Red and yellow sockets I have placed Expertise and Hit gems to increase my chance to hit. Its the same with the enchants, were I can I have tried to enchant for +hit and +Expertise.

So from the looks of my gear am I going in the right direction or is there anything you guys and girls think I should look at and change?

Looks good... Here are a couple things I noticed.

Helm Meta - Get the one 10% shield block!

Spec... Not sure if I totally understand what you are going for here.
    *You have wasted alot of points in the Arms tree without getting deep wounds.
    *Go get armed to the teeth (especially if you are going to keep the meta gem!!!!!!)
    *You don't need Puncture... Devastate more.
    *You probably don't need gag order... Unless you are prot pvping.

Overall I think you would enjoy tanking even more if you went and got Ciderhelm's deep wounds spec. I promise it is awesome as an MT or OT.

Shoot me any questions
    Tatian

errr gag order gives you +10% shield slam, seems weird to suggest the SBV meta and then not to suggest an ability which gives you that plus more?
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Yeah I know I have wasted a few points in my talents, Mostly I have tried to put as many points as I can into things that will improve my avoidance and lower cost of rage on abilities. I am looking at changing my spec though.

I am going to change the meta to the +10% block one, just wanted to wait for the T7 helm token to do it.

2% Threat and 10 Parry is sort of a wasted enchant if you ask me - especially since changing your spec a little bit more into deep wounds would surpass the 2% threat gain of the enchant and 10 parry doesn't scale much for warriors.

I'd go expertise on what you can up to 29 rating or whatever the parry haste rating is. Easy to achieve gem/enchant wise. You have plenty of hit as well so i wouldn't enchant for that

Grats on the loot though, i've been in the first 2 wings of naxx three times and seen 0 tank drops.

Hmm you maybe right about the enchant on gloves, but if I want to get hit capped I need roughly 298 and for Hard capped in expertise I need 57 points i believe.

The worry I have about changing my spec to the deep wounds version is I will lose quite a lot of avoidance and rage reduction talents which worries me. But I think I will give it a go for tonights raid and see what happens.

Fix your spec.

Is threat really that big of an issue you need to worry about it or even gem hit/expertise? Fixing your spec alone would be of a greater benefit to your dps/threat than anything else.

How will you lose 'quite a lot of avoidance' by getting DW? shift points out of puncture/bloodrage/ironwill/anger management pick up imp charge and throw some into AtT and cruelty.

Quote Originally Posted by blahism View Post
    2% Threat and 10 Parry is sort of a wasted enchant if you ask me - especially since changing your spec a little bit more into deep wounds would surpass the 2% threat gain of the enchant and 10 parry doesn't scale much for warriors.

I'd go expertise on what you can up to 29 rating or whatever the parry haste rating is. Easy to achieve gem/enchant wise. You have plenty of hit as well so i wouldn't enchant for that

Grats on the loot though, i've been in the first 2 wings of naxx three times and seen 0 tank drops.
    2% threat gain would scale with getting deep wounds so im not sure how it would surpass it?

Let us not forgot that in a number of ways Expertise helps our damage reduction. Parry haste FTL.

threat that you dont have to work for is all the better imo every bit helps, and parry is nice for taking cause thats another bit of damage you do when you parry and more threat in turn, you can socket expertise like ive been doing lately

So overall my gear and enchant/gem setup if good or do you think I should look at changing them (except for the meta, which I will swap out when I get the T7 Helm).

I know my spec isn't great, but I am going to try out the deep wounds spec tonight before the raid.

+ Reply to Thread