Druid Armor cap
With the 12% protector of the pack bonus it would seem you only need 33720 to get to 75% against a lvl 83 target. I'm not good with the wow math can anyone confirm or deny this?
I'm sure that couldn't be true. I have that much armor raid buffed and I know I take far less damage when I get a sham/priest crit heal on me to push my armor to 40k+.
There is 75% cap for damage reduction from armor, to reach it you require 49905 armor. Any other other damage reduction talents or bonuses are calculated after armor damage reduction and are in no way affilated with this cap.
so a druid could potentially stop 84% of physical dmg then?
Originally Posted by Immortal
An imaginary bear with armor cap and no buffs from other classes will mitigate 78% of incoming physical damage, dunno where 84 have come from.
multiplicative owlcapwn not additive.
75% cap leaves 25% damage intake, you then reduce this damage by another 12% which is .88*25 = 22% damage take overall.
that means as Immortal stated, a total 78% incoming physical damage mitigated.
the higher you come to the armor cap, the less and less our bonus % multipliers give us, similiar to warriors 10% defensive stance.
im not sure who was adding but i was obviously multiply the wrong factor
Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma
i had the 12% going on top of the 75% instead of reducing the remainder
75% x 1.12 = 84%
oh no, what you do is this formula
1-(1-A)(1-B)(1-C).....etc to figure out these multiplying factors.