+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A couple of gear questions from a DK tank.

A couple of gear questions from a DK tank.

Hi, thanks in advance to anyone who responds to this post.

First off, I'm a Dwarf, and with a mace I get a straight +5 to expertise, which is significant. Right now I'm using the Sword of Justice, and I want to upgrade. I'm assuming when the new crafted 2H tanking weapons come out 3.0.8, they will be BoE; so which would be a better choice for me, the Titansteel Defender, an axe with 90 defense rating, or the current Titansteel Destroyer, which has hit rating, and with which I would get 5 expertise?

Second question, I'm having a very tough time deciding between buying the emblem belt (Waistguard of Living Iron) and going after the one from Heroic AN. I am a Jewelcrafter so I feel that tips the balance a little in favor of the emblem belt, since I can potentially put a 27 dodge or 41 stamina prismatic gem in that socket. But I want to know what all of you think.

Thank you.

Please.. someone's got to have an opinion of which is better for a Dwarf: Titansteel Destroyer, or the upcoming Titansteel Defender.

I have to say its kinda hard to answer your question without knowing a little more info, such as:

How much expertise do you have now?

Do you have to gem for def (as I suspect you probably do)?

How much hit do you currently have?

As good as extra expertise from your racial would be, there is a lot of tank gear swimming in expertise. I don't have any racials and I am expertise soft capped, and if you are gemming for def, the new axe may allow you a little more flexibility on your gemming. That being said you really have to look at your gear as a whole and make a decision from there.

+ Reply to Thread