+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best prot warrior glyphs?

Best prot warrior glyphs?

Currently, I have Glyph of Devistate and Thunder Clap for aoe tanking. Is there other majors I should be using?

Thanks!

- Krazen/Salzbury

the blocking glyph is a must

Yes, Wayne is right.

Consider also Glyph of Revenge. Not necessarily for AoE tanking but its just generally very good to have.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

I use Majors: Glyph of Blocking, Glyph of Revenge, and Glyph of Cleave. Cleave is only going to get better after the next patch, changing it to hit 3 mobs instead of 2.

Minors: Glyph of Bloodrage, Glyph of Thunderclap, and Glyph of Charge. The Charge one seems to bug out a little bit sometimes if you are 25-30 yards away from them though. And Bloodrage is getting buffed next patch to make you take no health penalty instead of 50% less.

I stopped using the Glyph of Revenge. It was nice for leveling, but that is about it. If you think about it, in low rage situations the glyph, while providing some additional threat, steals the rage from your next white swing and having enough for a shield slam is more beneficial than a free heroic strike. When you have unlimited rage, with multi-mob pulls or bosses, it is useless, because you will have heroic strike up near 100% of the time. Sunder Armor and Devastate are better choices in my mind, and Blocking is the one that is a must.
    Loyalty above all, except Honor.

Sunder AND devestate seems redundant to me...either way you get 4-sunders with 2GCDs, the latter being more directed, controllable, threat, and less situational (not to mention more useful in rotation due to SnB procs.)

I took revenge out of rotation for a while, but have added it back in due to the fact that I'm actually running into 'need more rage' situations on the more trivial heroic and 10-man content by strike-spam. I could probably get rid of it again if the horsemen chest ever drops that sweet 2.60 speed axe.

On glyph of revenge: it's far from worthless, in fact I'd consider it the most necessary glyph, if not for glyph of blocking.

if you're tanking raid bosses, revenge, heroic strike, and blocking will be your glyphs of choice, by far

for minors there's not much choice, but bloodrage, thunderclap, and charge are what I went with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayho View Post
    I stopped using the Glyph of Revenge. It was nice for leveling, but that is about it. If you think about it, in low rage situations the glyph, while providing some additional threat, steals the rage from your next white swing and having enough for a shield slam is more beneficial than a free heroic strike. When you have unlimited rage, with multi-mob pulls or bosses, it is useless, because you will have heroic strike up near 100% of the time. Sunder Armor and Devastate are better choices in my mind, and Blocking is the one that is a must.
    /signed.

but i got the taunt glyphe instat of sunder armor because i missed noth taunt after a blick 3times at one id. -> no "the immortal" archivment 8[

but i have taunt misses on Bosses, yet... so in my opinion the taunt glyhe dosnt work or i need really 9% to hit everytime with taunt.
    sry 4 my f***ing English :>

I'm using Blocking, Revenge, and Devastate (recent change). Being able to throw out a quick double sunder is really strong, blocking is a must, and revenge well this is optional, you can put this wherever you want =P AOE lacking? grab the cleave reduction or either of the tclap ones. Like more rage? go with heroic strike or revenge. Like speed pulling? go with rapid charge. They are all good depending on what you do.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I use Block, Revenge, Devastate.

I recently switched to Devastate from Sunder. Took some getting used to, since Sunder makes devastate a better multitarget attack than cleave. But Devastate helps me to lay into bosses right away, and as mentioned has the same end result - two sunder effects for the price of one. So I just have to tab more on trash.

Revenge is nice for snap aggro and on trash when rage is low. It's not that necessary on bosses when you upkeep heroic strike almost constantly though.

Blocking as mentioned is pretty much mandatory at this point.

Blocking, Revenge, and Heroic Strike.

Blocking - 'nuff said.

Revenge - Using this but not too enthralled about it. Great for low rage situations. Will probably switch to Glyph of Cleaving when patched for EZ mode trash.

Heroic Strike - I have this because it's great for both Prot and Fury (I respec a lot). About as much rage returned as the revenge glyph on average.

Questions:
    Does the Devastate Glpyh increase it's threat output when stacking sunders?

Blocking, Devastate and Cleaving.

Blocking - Yeah.

Devastate - Quick stacking sunders so I can get back to using higher threat abilities.

Cleaving - Trash threat. Really looking forward to the change in the next patch as well.

The Devastate Glyph does increase threat as shown in Glyph of Devastate - Double Check Me
    Last edited by Ihateher; 01-07-2009 at 12:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread