+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Glyph of Devastate (double check me)

Definitely for threat, as we get more SBV gear, once we reach the cap, glyph of blocking will no longer provide a THREAT benefit, however with that much SBV base the glyph of Blocking will provide an even more powerful mitigation benefit. Remember, SBV is only capped for Shield slam damage, the mitigation portion of it is still working, so even if glyphing it won't increase your SS damage, each SS you hit, means you constantly have an extra 10% sbv to block with.

It'd be a tough call as to when I'd swap around my glyphs as mine are pretty immovable right now for survivability. much like tPaste, I do really want to get devastate back into my glyph list though, I used it when this thread first came out, and when others didn't understand it's added threat bonus.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

For min/maxing I find that swapping between devestate and vigilance in 10man uld is the way to go. getting a 5 stack of sunders up fast for say the mim fight is beneficial, while not as important on vezax as having vigilance on the lock going nuts in the shadow crash pool.

Quote Originally Posted by junkilo View Post
    For min/maxing I find that swapping between devestate and vigilance in 10man uld is the way to go. getting a 5 stack of sunders up fast for say the mim fight is beneficial, while not as important on vezax as having vigilance on the lock going nuts in the shadow crash pool.
    thats what I do too.

You get more threat no matter what you take plus you can choose wich "gimmick" you want/need. Faster sunders on xt's heart or all of those mimiron parts or keeping locks/mages in check for Hodir and Vezax.

This is a interesting thread I just found. I ran with glyph of devestate for since i've been tanking in Lick King. It just made sense to get sunders up as fast as possible. Plus, I run with a couply kitties that are always on my ass for threat (they are awsome dps'ers). When 3.2 came out I was loving my threat with my old spec. I decided I needed to change up my spec a bit to see if I could fit 5/5 shield block in. I dropped deep wounds and my glyph of devestate. This last week I was saddened by my threat. I don't know if it was the loss of deep wounds or the glyph. I think i'm going to pick up my glyph of devestate again (I did not know it was adding extra threat until I read this thread). Might try that and see how my threat looks. Maybe I can hold off on picking up deep wounds again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishnee View Post
    This is a interesting thread I just found. I ran with glyph of devestate for since i've been tanking in Lick King. It just made sense to get sunders up as fast as possible. Plus, I run with a couply kitties that are always on my ass for threat (they are awsome dps'ers). When 3.2 came out I was loving my threat with my old spec. I decided I needed to change up my spec a bit to see if I could fit 5/5 shield block in. I dropped deep wounds and my glyph of devestate. This last week I was saddened by my threat. I don't know if it was the loss of deep wounds or the glyph. I think i'm going to pick up my glyph of devestate again (I did not know it was adding extra threat until I read this thread). Might try that and see how my threat looks. Maybe I can hold off on picking up deep wounds again.
    I'd imagine your lower threat is from not having deep wounds as opposed to this glyph.. But thats just me.
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

Check the other thread I started about 3.2 Devastate threat. The hidden bonus from devastate now scales somewhat oddly with Attack Power, but it seems to be about a 14% AP threat bonus when you have 4k AP. This is doubled by Glyph of Devastate still, so close to 30% AP threat bonus when Glyphed.

Yes, Deep Wounds is a big threat loss, but dropping Glyph of Devastate is a big threat loss as well.

Sorry to be asking a simple question but I semed to have missed it.. Whats the SS Block cap value?

so the fact of the matter is glyph of dev increases the threat of devistate right ?... with lots of rage now with 5 points in shield special .. i would only assume glyph of HS would be droped for it now ?

Swapped it in last night in place of heroic strike.

Wow.

Replying for 2 reasons:

1. To say how much I really appreciate the work that goes into discoveries like this. Not everybody has a handle on the intricate mathematics that is behind the end advice: Use Glyph of Devastate.
    Thankyou!

and
    2. To bump this epic thread.

Onetuth
    /cast Shield Slam
    /use Hand Grenade

Quote Originally Posted by Onetuth View Post
    2. To bump this epic thread.
    In that case I guess I'll cross-reference from the other thread. I think the conclusion that was drawn was that Devastate in patch 3.2 does Damage + 315 + 5% Attack Power as threat. With Glyph of Devastate it doubles the added portion so that it now does Damage + 630 + 10% Attack Power when Glyphed.

+ Reply to Thread