+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How does your guild handle Trophies of the Crusade

How does your guild handle Trophies of the Crusade

I just wanted to ask how everyone else's guild hands out Trophy of the Crusade

Reason I ask is my guild does loot based off of loot council, which I don't have a problem with, however they are doing /random 25 to hand out these badges and it drives me nuts as we are still progressing though Ulduar. (have not downed Yogg yet).

Doesn't it make sense to gear up your tank team a bit until they are at least stable? We are loosing tanks to two shots on Icehowl. I am trying to look at this as a guild progression standpoint and am trying not to be biased as I am one of the main tanks.

I am way off base in thinking that the badges should be going to gearing up the tanks assuming they have the Emblem of Triumph to back them up?
    I'll try to be nicer if you try to be smarter.
    Kens˙

My guild just treats it as regular loot for our DKP system. So we all bid DKP on it, everyone, and whoever's highest gets it. It doesn't go for that mucha atm since it'll be a cpl weeks before we get enough badges to use the trophies, but still it seems very fair for working within the DKP system.

Considering it will be a few weeks before anyone can even get a piece, even WITH a trophy....and then itll be one piece every few weeks, if you manage to get more than one trophy.

We are allowing our officers/main raiders to roll if they want it, and it costs a set value of 75 (same as other tier pieces/weapons for main spec, though tier/weapons are loot council items).

If you're losing tanks on icehowl, are your other raiders sucking ass at dodging his charge and enraging him? Icehowl's damage is pretty meh unless your tank is crazily undergeared, but when enraged he'll happily explode a tank that hasn't popped a cooldown.

That's just it, we are poping cooldowns are still getting destroyed. If we take two hits back to back, we drop.
    Kens˙

We do loot council and treat the trophy as any other loot. I got the first one and should have the ilevel 245 shoulders this Tuesday. Thats from running the heroic daily every day since the patch, and the 10 and 25 man raid, though I missed the week of 10 man so I'm sitting at 43 emblems as of today.

We've not had 25 folk online yet due to it being holiday season still, but I'm pretty sure we'll do them by DKP.

I'm half considering just waiting it out for the 256 stuff though and using my Triumph badges for the ring and the libram.

I thought of that too, but seeing how I managed to save up nearly 45 by the 3rd week of the patch, and more bosses getting added every week these badges should start flowing fairly quickly assuming we can keep killing them

for the trophies, my guild has it set up 249 EP per trophy.. and we Loot Concil it so people who will be able to use it soon will get it over some one who got it the fight before

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    If you're losing tanks on icehowl, are your other raiders sucking ass at dodging his charge and enraging him? Icehowl's damage is pretty meh unless your tank is crazily undergeared, but when enraged he'll happily explode a tank that hasn't popped a cooldown.
    have rouges or Hunter Tranq him when he does the enrage... in 10 man we have no problem.. in 25 man every once in a while we have some ne mess up. BUT it shouldn't happen every time, if it is people aren't paying attention and u need to get on there case about it

What I think is happening is that when he enrages two things happen. One his damage increases obviously. And two, everyone is spread out without time to get back together, therefore the healers don't have the time they need to get back healing they would normally have when the mob was stunned.
    Kens˙

Our guild is giving them out based on attendance (for those familiar with EPGP, based on EP), thus assuring that the people that get the Throphies are the ones most likely to get enough emblems first.

I have no idea what to use the Throphy on though, seeing as warrior T9 is pretty lackluster compared to non-set drops.

Shot in the dark here, but the vanilla 10-man T9 can't be upgraded or traded in with the addition of a 25-man token, right? I'm borderline tempted to buy a helm or shoulders, but they're minor upgrades from Ulduar 25 pieces.

I just got my 245 Shoulders today,

We do a loot council "officers Dictates who gets loot"

We do 1 tank, healer, dps and go through rotation like that

Tanks should always come first on loot priority

Quote Originally Posted by Rukrow View Post

Tanks should always come first on loot priority
    i totally agree haha

the guild i'm in runs an epgp system but we also have exceptions to the rules for example, when frozen orbs were the latest thing you needed for the lovely 3.1 crafted epics it was first priority tanks, then heals, then dps. you also needed to prove that the item was a near permanent upgrade with no other ulduar or badge items being superior till hard modes 25.

for the sake of progression gearing the tanks up first is never a bad idea.
    it's easy to sound bias since i am a tank but there are plenty of valid reasons for gearing tanks asap: less strain on healers so they have more room to heal people not gifted in the situational awareness side of things or just slow to pick up on new fights is probably one of the best points a tank can have for why he/she should get trophies of crusade first.

we use EP/GP so what we've temporarily been doing is just going down the list from highest PR to lowest asking people if they want the damned token, it costs 65 GP so it shoots you down a lot if you take it so you gotta make a conscious decision.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

We treat Trophies the same as any other piece of loot and have them cost 50 dkp. This appeals to some and doesn't to others which to me means that it's working.

we are on loot council, and only the people with enough badges to get an item are allowed to ask for trophies

We also use EP/GP and i had been struggling with this question for a week or so now. I sent some out free with a "retroactive clause" to my top PR people.

Since EP/GP typically evaluates both the slot and the iLevel of the item my thought was to look at the GP values for the actual tier that can be purchased with these trophies, average the GP value across all slots, and make that the GP award when someone receives the item.

We use base GP 300 and I award 200 per Ulduar kill at the moment. This may go up a little for Crusader bosses since the GP award in those environments are much higher then Ulduar GP awards; pound-for-pound at least.

I did this to try and make the GP award stiff enough that people would not want to suck up as many as possible, given the fact that they will only get so many badges per week. Our MinEP value is 2000 but, as with many items that i toss into the Guild Bank, i was considering making this one of those items where you must have something like 5000 EP and Top PR to win.

Any case that is my thought. Sorry for all the numbers but some of the other GP ratings i saw seemed low. If you do not know the base and min values or the normal award values sometimes the numbers dont make sense; or rather, arent as meaningful without the internal structure knowledge for that guild setup.

I set the point cost of the trophies to the average point value that the items you can buy with them would have in the system.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

+ Reply to Thread