+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Year's Day Podcast

New Year's Day Podcast

Direct Download For This Podcast

Happy New Year! In this podcast, we discuss current raids and raid design, as well as our expectations for Ulduar. You have been attacked by a pack of wild Kurinnaxx.

Woot

haha

also I don't approve the marmot replacement!
    Last edited by Edgar; 01-01-2009 at 03:07 AM.

is the barely audible crackling that makes listening to this akin to chinese water torture on my end or is that in the recording ?

It's the player. I have that too but if I click "Direct Download For This Podcast" Firefox plays it via QuickTime and it's fine.

You have been attacked by a pack of wild Kurinnaxx lol

The biggest differences I've found in 10 and 25 is that group make up is a huge part of handling the various encounters. (Specifically Naxx. VoA and OS aren't very dependent on group composition.) Try doing some of the spider wing without poison cleansing or kiting the adds on Gluth without an actual kiter. Don't get me wrong, with some adjustments it can be done. I can't wait to see how the encounters in Ulduar, or whatever the next raid is, affects group composition based on the mechanics we see.

You guys mentioned benching people for some of these achievements that ask you to do it with fewer people; what we've been doing is we have a group of about 6-7 of us that are gung ho about finishing these and we just worked out a rotation for sitting. Once we understood how the encounter worked it became a lot easier for us to rotate people in and out. For the 5 man stuff its not that bad, but when it comes to the raid achievements, I could definately see where some folks might get upset about being benched.

Moved to public forums!

We are always priest light. Last week we did 25 man Razuvious with only one priest. Just MC one add, have rogues evasion tank when he needs to re-MC and such. Was still very easy.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

thanks for the podcast cider - these rock......

AQ20 can die in a fire. I hate bugs.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Btw you dont need any priests for a 25 man Razuvious if you have mages.

25-man Razuvious mage tanked - WoW Insider

If you listen very closely at the beginning you can hear my wife bitching about how we didn't use her christmas intro
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

holy crap cider, the answer to our prayers. MAGES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vissara View Post
    You have been attacked by a pack of wild Kurinnaxx lol
    Thought you were done with pre-WotLK WoW? Think again. I've just been leaked the information that Blizzard plans to open up one last instance three hours before the release of Wrath of the Litch King: Kurinaxxramas.

You guessed it - every boss is Kurinaxx. Prepare yourself for an epic fight against Kurinaxx after Kurinaxx throughout the halls of an Undead slaughterhouse. An anonymous Blizzard representative reports that there will be 32 Kurinaxx encounters in total without a single variation save in minor aesthetic details. The base Kurinaxx model will remain the same throughout every fight, yet each will feature a unique costume - confirmed flavors include Easter Bunny Kurinaxx, Kel'Thukurinaxx, Mankrikurinaxx and, in an apparent instance of shameless product placement, Fifty Centurinaxx.

Screens from the Test Realms:

Shameless copy-pasta from the WoW forums. World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> New Instance: Kurinaxxramas 25 The original was better but the thread doesn't exist any more
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

PS:

Why's he wielding all those Warblades from the wrong side?
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Compliment Sandwich :D

Great podcast lots of good summaries. One request/complaint/suggestion , one of the great things I love about tankspot including the PM movies, is that the information is often right there ready to be digested and discussed. This is true of most TankSpot content except for the intro and some sections of your podcasts

The few I've sampled always seem to have the 2 minutes of playful introduction chatter, thing is its just not that funny. "What'd you do today?" "I slept, ate, ect." This is novice podcast humor, which to be honest is never very funny.

Some of the more successful podcasts (The Instance for example) seem to follow a tighter content script as well as having a little more of a polished feel.

All in all I guess I'd like to see the podcasts have the same level of "Wow that was awesome!" and professionalism as the PM movies.

Breagan

We tried following a tight content script a couple times and the casts were honestly just boring, both for us and the people listening. Our offtopic podcasts (which we followed little to no script for) were getting significantly better feedback than the ones in which we put on our serious hats and talked about tanking for an hour. Heck, look at the feedback we've gotten for this one so far. More people have responded to the pack of wild Kurinnaxx than anything else :P

Our current philosophy reads something like this: We don't talk about anything terribly important that's not available in some fashion for digestion and discussion on the site already. 99% of this last podcast, for example, was just our thoughts and opinions on WotLK raiding. The other 1% was nonsense. So, we're not expecting people to want to skip back to part of the podcast later to get something super important. Podcasting is a terrible format for important information that you'll want to look up again later anyway. Instead, the focus is largely on being entertaining and just making something fun to listen to. The podcast is an extension of the site, not a replacement. We still want you to come to Tankspot.com and read up on the forums :P

Now, I'm not going to try to say we're even close to perfect. "Novice podcast humor" is probably a good term. We're novice podcasters . We'll get better with more experience and as we get more comfortable with the medium. I just wouldn't expect Project Marmot-style professional guidance or whatever out of the podcast. That's what Project Marmot is there for. The podcast is just something fun to listen to to kill an hour and a half or whatever.

Hey there I do appreciate all the work you folks put in on the site and the podcasts. I've added tankspot to my list of must-check-out-if-you-want-to-get-better-at-your-class resources when people ask me for advice on gear, spec, and rotations. I didn't mean to imply that you should only wear your spreadsheet hats while on the podcast. Some of the podcasts I enjoy the most are ones that deliver interesting content in an entertaining manner (Old Legendary Threads with Jeff Green come to mind). Best of luck to you on future podcasts and other content, I'll be listening and reading (and maybe occasionally posting).

Breagan

Very enjoyable and one of your best.

I'm kinda with Breagan on the humor and I like that there was less of the 'what...' 'what...' kind of thing in this podcast as it just doesn't resonate as funny for me.

When you guys are just talking about stuff, it's very engaging and I take alot from it.

+ Reply to Thread