+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enchant for threat weapon

Enchant for threat weapon

Is there a consensus for the highest threat/dps enchant for a warrior tank in Wrath?

Picked up Hatestrike last night and it looks to be a nice trash/heroic tanking weapon, and would like to enchant it accordingly.

Thanks!

From what I've seen and done myself, there really isn't a tank weapon enchant right now. I've just picked up a Titanium Weapon Chain and have been using that. In the next patch(hopefully next week) there is a new enchant that will be "THE" tanking enchant. It's +75 stam, and should be relatively cheap(12 Dream Shards). I'm sure in future content patches there will be more weapon enchants, but right now there is not anything that great.

Yeah not many options. You can do Mongoose, Superior Potency, Titanium Weapon Chain, Executioner, or Accuracy. None of them are really a huge difference in threat though.

I'd say Accuracy is probably the best out of all of those.

I've been running the weapon chain even tho I'm an enchanter, seemed the best option out of all the lackluster options.

Kel

I would actually vote instead to put on +750 health, and trade 3 +24 stamina gems for either expertise, hit, or strength depending on your taste...barring of course you haven't already done so...

Any idea on how much of a threat increase you get using a fast dps weapon vs a tanking weapon like Last laugh.

I currently use Accuracy on my weapon, and doubt I will use the +75 stamina enchant. With the content out there, I don't think there is much reason to stack health above 30k unless you are main tanking Sartharion with drakes up. So until then, stacking more offensive stats and staying above 30k health.

Quote Originally Posted by loquatious View Post
    Any idea on how much of a threat increase you get using a fast dps weapon vs a tanking weapon like Last laugh.
    I used Hatestrike for a short while until a Red Sword of Courage dropped for me, of course it will generate a little bit more threat because of the offensive stats on it. You do lose a lot of defensive stats though, defense being a major one.

+ Reply to Thread