+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Shield Slam?

My Shield Slam?

Good Afternoon Everyone! This is my first post here and I must say I enjoy the wealth of information that is available. In regard to my shield slam I'm using the DW/Impale spec although probaly not cookie cutter, however my highest shieldslams are only running around 5100 to 5500 damage. Not sure how to link my armory, but my name is Uthelmar on Quel Dorei. If anyone could take a look and see if there is anything obvious that I'm missing i would appreciate it. Thanks.

Well, here is your armory link for future reference.
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Your shield slam's don't sound particularly low to me - just because you see screenshots of people doing OVER 9000 doesn't mean the average Joe should expect the same.

You do only have 3 pieces of armor that increase your shield block value (sbv) - as you collect more gear and have a bit more flexibility with what you equip you'll see bigger numbers.

If you really wanted to improve it, you could replace your meta gem with the defense / +5% sbv gem. There is also a glyph (called glyph of blocking) that increases your sbv by 10% (I think) for 10 secs after using shield slam.

Do make sure that you understand the difference between shield block rating and shield block value (the former is your chance to block, the latter is how much damage you block when you do - and is the primary factor that determines how much your shield slam hits for).

Those numbers don't seem odd. You have to consider the situation, were you using shield block, were you using sbv trinkets, what were you fighting?

I think my max under normal situations at the moment is around 7200 to a heroic boss that was armor debuffed. This was with shield block up.

In raids its usually more in the mid 5000 to mid 6000 range unless I have some sorta buff up. Raid bosses and raidmobs have a huge chunk of armor.

If you're talking about pvp, my record is something like 14k.

The huge shield slams that you see in the records thread are performed in very specialized scenarios. They either have a ton of buffs, a full SBV set, or it is against a specific mob that has some sort of self-debuff/player buff.
    Told you so.

Thank you all for your help. Btw my SS crits of over 5k are self buffed with SB up and occasionaly the sonic booster proc ( which doesnt appear to be a big factor), and happens mostly while just grinding random mobs in Storm Peaks while looking for crystals. Thanks again for your replies!

+ Reply to Thread