Closed Thread
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: Death Knight Raid DPS Compendium (FR/BL/UH)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelython View Post
    Hey kren, i just noticed something in your Frost piece, the first spec has wrong numbers for the spec in the talent calculator. I only saw that for the first spec in Frost idk about the other 3. Figure it takes forever to update this thing and just thought I'd help ya out! =D
    Odd, I just did a sweep on the specs and they show everything properly. Try clearing your cache and checking? Cause honestly I didn't see anything wrong with any of em.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Alright, here's my final update on this:

The information you have here is pretty much going to be the last updated information for Wrath. Heck, for Death Knights period, on my end. I'm done with the game and I'm going to move on to different things in my life now. I'd like to thank everyone who has gone and been creative, and as well as great theorists that have looked at the guide and appreciated, or added their input. I have no list, just that you should know who you are if you've given good input.

I invite anyone who's creative enough to come up with a strong guide to go ahead and take the reins when Cataclysm comes out. But as for me, I'm finito with the game period. Have fun!

Tankspot Moderator

Take care, Krenian! Good luck to you!

Forgive me if this is the wrong spot to ask but i have 2 basic questions that I am sure someone can answer them a lot faster than I can find them on my own. I have read this guide and the one on Elitistjerks so I did at least try.

How much hit should I be at for Unholy DPS? I see the calculations for what is needed to be hit capped on melee and what is needed to be hit capped for spells. Do I stop at hit cap for melee or do I need to be at the spell hit cap? I am currently at 401 hit using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47734 .

For my rotation, I started out trying to do:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t72364-u...dont_leave_me/
    Build without Reaping
    PS – IT – BS – SS – BS – DC – HoW
    SS – BS – SS – BS – DC – DC– (DC)

Which is fairly close to what is in this guide:
    http://www.tankspot.com/article.php?id=146097
    Without Reaping:
    IT, PS, BSx2, ScS, (DC if you have the RP)
    ScS, BSx2, ScS, (DC until rune refreshes)

What I end up doing is IT, PS and then use priority with ScS the highest, BS second and DC third. I'm doing 4K dps on single targets in 5 mans so it can't be too bad but is there a good reason to go with the recommended rotation over what I am doing?

You go for melee hit cap (263 without Dranei hit aura). Hit rating above that gives abysmal DPS returns. Stop using Mark of Supremacy. Unless you're using all of its hit, it's a terrible trinket. (This information is readily available in the EJ thread. Look at the Basic Combat Mechanics and Stat Weights.)

BS gets used first because it activates Desolation. You want that 5% damage buff to be active before you use your main nuke. Additionally, if you're still sporting 2pc T9, it might activate the 180 str bonus.

Oh, and thanks for the hard work Kren. You always took input so gracefully!

Quote Originally Posted by Tankette View Post
    What I end up doing is IT, PS and then use priority with ScS the highest, BS second and DC third. I'm doing 4K dps on single targets in 5 mans so it can't be too bad but is there a good reason to go with the recommended rotation over what I am doing?
    There is a very subtle reason why they say PS, IT. The reason is that http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=50121 will proc off PS, buffing your IT. It's subtle since you don't actually get a separate buff, you just have to remember the Blood Plague acts as a 10% dmg buff.

Sterbefall already explained BS / desolation. Beyond that I'm not sure that there's really a difference between BS / ScS / BS and BS x 2 / ScS. Although, at a guess, it might have to be with getting the UF runes off cooldown at a specific time down the road for reapplying diseases.

I find that Reapingless usually works smoother with BS / ScS / BS just because it gives you more regular opportunity to Pestilence instead of BS, plus it evens out your RP generation.

a lil section that could be added right before the Gemming Section
    Proper Buffs and Buff foods

and 1 thing ALOT of unholy Dk's forget
    Spiced Mammoth Treats
    gives your ghoul +30 stam and +30 Str for an hour

definately very useful
    and i havent completely looked into it
    but im still wondering as to wether or not the talent Ravenous Dead take off of before or after Buffs
    if it takes after, than Dragonfin Filet would be the best possible buff food

Quote Originally Posted by Sterbefall View Post
    You go for melee hit cap (263 without Dranei hit aura). Hit rating above that gives abysmal DPS returns. Stop using Mark of Supremacy. Unless you're using all of its hit, it's a terrible trinket. (This information is readily available in the EJ thread. Look at the Basic Combat Mechanics and Stat Weights.)

BS gets used first because it activates Desolation. You want that 5% damage buff to be active before you use your main nuke. Additionally, if you're still sporting 2pc T9, it might activate the 180 str bonus.
    What do you use instead of Mark of Supremacy? I've been using it's use ability every time I bring my gargoyle down.

Mirror of Truth, Darkmoon Card: Greatness, Needle Encrusted Scorpion are all readily available. The fact is pretty much any trinket without hit will be better.

Your DK should not be using two hit trinkets considering he's hit capped without either.

This use to be the top DK DPS Guide...
    But now the frost part is out of date, EJ has the better one! I recommend you go to that one. Im not trying to take you away from tankspot... I am just trying to enlighten you

Might wanna reread the post where I said I'm not updating since 3.3. o.O I did state this no?

Tankspot Moderator

Going to do ONE final update on the guide for the changes before 4.0. This will hopefully have the most recent amount of information. I need to rework Frost mostly. Keep watching.

EDIT: All done. This is going to be the LAAAAAAAAAAST one before 4.0. Don't bother me lol
    Last edited by Krenian; 05-13-2010 at 06:56 AM.

Tankspot Moderator

Hi, Being mage since B.C.I am very new in Dk-s, so i am sorry if i am saying anything very stupid. I have question about 44/0/27 build which involves Master of Ghouls, Impurity and plus UB, which looks for me as a good dps boost, or also built 51/20/0 including Black Ice, Annihilation and Endless winter, plus of course 20% increase of haste of auto-atacks.
    Just thinking that in 44/0/27 build, UB with impurity should beat DRW, and permament ghoul (with glyp) should beat Blood Gorged benefits. In 51/20/0 build, leaving blood as it is (prefer worms then Imp Blood and MoB), thinking about 3%of damage boost of special abilities, plus permament boost to IT and frost and shadow damages which may come from IT and PS, 20% haste of auto atacks instead of 20% shadow damage added and 4% instead of 3% of str increase. Yes, anybody can go and test those on dummies, Just would like to know your oppinion and why one build is better then another.
    Thank you very much.

I use a 17/0/54 build and i get high dps....i was blood but switched to unholy because i saw many DKs pulling much more dps than myself.....so i tried it and it works...blood is the new 'tank' build...i use it for my tank set which works effectively. Sorry Kharich if that doesn't answer any of your Questions but thats my opinion.

lots of posts and didnt see this in the front so i hope it isnt in here anywhere...

anyways. running a frost dk, just picked up a 1.50 sword. what hand should i put that in, main or oh? other two are both 2.60 axes.

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    lots of posts and didnt see this in the front so i hope it isnt in here anywhere...

anyways. running a frost dk, just picked up a 1.50 sword. what hand should i put that in, main or oh? other two are both 2.60 axes.
    Why do you want to switch out one of your slow axes for a fast sword in the first place?

because its an upgrade over the other two... >.>

Give us a link of you current gear (armory) and the sword you just got. Because of how several of your spells work it is not given that a higher dps sword is actually an upgrade for you.

Closed Thread