Closed Thread
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Knight Raid DPS Compendium (FR/BL/UH)

Thanks Kaze, this will hopefully help any questions asked.

And yes I will be changing information come 3.0.8's release.

EDIT:

I'll be testing the GoG build. This is going to be interesting as there's no Gargoyle but more of a focus to just follow your rotation. I'll write something up after raiding a solid week dps wise with it.
    Last edited by Krenian; 01-13-2009 at 04:55 PM.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Hey Tony thanx for this post once again your helping my DPS alot...with the patch coming sometime soon can you advise on the best Glyphs to get with a strictly DPS DK.

seems they put a cooldown on HB again with the newest PTR build 9464.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayna View Post
    Hey Tony thanx for this post once again your helping my DPS alot...with the patch coming sometime soon can you advise on the best Glyphs to get with a strictly DPS DK.
    Glyph wise, there are two really that you wanna have:

Icy Touch: this really is a nice glyph which gives you five extra runic power every time you hit with IT. The damage you lose is negligible.

The rest of the glyphs entirely depend on what spec you are.

Common glyphs that are really decent for the specs would be the following:

Glyph of Obliterate
    Glyph of the Ghoul
    Glyph of Scourge Strike

Minor glyphs are really not the greatest of things right now so I really would say choose whichever ones you want. The major glyphs stand with what I listed. Any of those three are good enough.

Tankspot Moderator

I keep loving this guide more and more.
    With full raid buffs at the current time I am critting for 9,000's with my obliterate in Naxxramas [ Without awareness sigil, didnt drop tonight =( ] and 4k IT's and 5k DC's. Annihilation spec is an amazing one once you have a few pieces of valor and heroes. It is my favorite by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelython View Post
    I keep loving this guide more and more.
    With full raid buffs at the current time I am critting for 9,000's with my obliterate in Naxxramas [ Without awareness sigil, didnt drop tonight =( ] and 4k IT's and 5k DC's. Annihilation spec is an amazing one once you have a few pieces of valor and heroes. It is my favorite by far.
    I believe i remember reading something about at the end of beta, It was pretty much Frost leading the way. This might of changed but it is plausible:

- The Sigil empowers Obliterate, which is the main attack in Frost specs (Bar trash where Howling Blast usually takes over)

- The two and four piece bonus in a dps situation favors Scourge Strike and Obliterate which makes it even more plausible.

Really, Frost and Unholy can be powerful in it's own way if properly played. I find it odd that people are complaining about Frost's damage as I've seen it with solid Unholy and better than Blood. This is why they're making Blood more appealing come 3.0.8

Tankspot Moderator

Added 3.0.8 changes and thoughts. Nothing big really changed but a good read if you wanna know my view on things. it'll be a re-occurring event on this guide for me to work on this.

Tankspot Moderator

Thanks for the effort

Just want to say thank you for the effort you have put into this thread. I played around with my 0/32/39 hybrid tonight, I do not see a huge change one way or another dps wise. On the world bosses I test on I ran a slightly higher dps than I did before the patch (3.08)

I have been stacking hit for a while though in anticipation of the change with KM, the acid test will be tomorrow night (1/21) as that will be our first night in heroic Naxx after the patch. I will post back with any major changes in my personal findings.

Once again thanks for the work, look forward to reading more

Converter

Sucks that they snuck a CD back in on HB at the last min. 5 sec CD is better than 15. I will take it but not happy they changed that very last min.

This may be a dumb question, but what does DWB stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueduck3285 View Post
    Sucks that they snuck a CD back in on HB at the last min. 5 sec CD is better than 15. I will take it but not happy they changed that very last min.
    They put the CD back on Howling blast about a week before 3.0.8 went live.
    Last edited by xKhellendrosx; 01-21-2009 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dodsknekt View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but what does DWB stand for?
    Not dumb at all. DWB stands for Don't Worry Bones...

No, in truth it's a mix up on my case and me trying to type too fast: DRW is what I meant to say which stands for Dancing Rune Weapon

Tankspot Moderator

LOL dont worry bones.... gotta get me some of those

Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    people don't know how to keep it in their pants for a little bit before exploding all over my face.

Ah, i see xD haha
    Thanks!

Awesome guide found it browsing. A question for my blood dps rotation should I allow white attacks before going to the next move? Say hs>white>hs etc or should I just blast through the rotation? Sorry if this sounds dumb. Was never huge into raiding and trying to maxmimize all the dps I can for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumptrizzle View Post
    Awesome guide found it browsing. A question for my blood dps rotation should I allow white attacks before going to the next move? Say hs>white>hs etc or should I just blast through the rotation? Sorry if this sounds dumb. Was never huge into raiding and trying to maxmimize all the dps I can for raids.
    Seeing how our runes are more on a timer and it doesn't work like a warrior's rage, I would not suggest it. None of our attacks push back our white hits and can be weaved in at the same time. I would just focus on a rotation than letting your white attacks go in otherwise you'll be lowering your dps as you're not pumping out as many hits as you should be. White hits only take around 30% of your total damage which means a good 70% of your damage will come from yellow hits. Slowing those hits down would cause you to lose DPS

Tankspot Moderator

Cleared 3 wings of naxx on heroic last night, that run supports my previous world boss test, my dps is same or up slightly (100-200), the one thing that was very annoying is that the HB button was up like it was ready, but the hidden timer was still ticking.

This led to several missed IT chances as I clicked a HB button (when rime or killing machine would proc) that was not ready......damned blizzard. Short of that, I do not really see much diffrence between now and pre patch, boss dps was off slightly I suppose due to the lack of near constant killing machine procs but was bearable, finished the run in top dps spot with over 16 million in total damage.

Hey Tony you ever gonna post a Death Knight PVP Compendium??? because i would love to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayna View Post
    Hey Tony you ever gonna post a Death Knight PVP Compendium??? because i would love to check it out.
    I'll leave that to the pros. I absolutely avoid PvP like the plague because, truth be told, I don't have the patience or the motor reflexes to PvP and be good at it. =/ My view of PvP is this: Go into Unholy presence, use a big two hander, smack things dead with two hander.

I'd have to really sit down and think about it. I'd like to say Blood's my favorite thing to PvP with as it's a very physical build + heals you however I don't know what the masses are.

If I get really bored, I could potentially do a break down of 'what you would wanna do in certain situations if x class decides it's time for you to die.' I've got enough experience with all classes (except warlock and druid) to know the ins and outs of it..But to go into a detailed guide, I would rather not. I know I'd probably make people go '...wtf is he talking about.'

Tankspot Moderator

Dual wielding builds

I'm currently leveling my death knight (almost lvl 68), and I'm leveling with a dual wielding spec.
    I am, however, looking for a new spec, and I was going to take your Tri-build untill I realized that some things have changed on the new patch and that maybe it isn't a build for leveling, but for raiding.
    So what I ask for is a Build for dual weilding for leveling (and possibly for raiding later as well), that will obviously make the most benefit of dual wielding and of the pet ghoul. If you help me with a build please state wether it fits for dual wielding a slow and a fast weapon or 2 fast weapons, and which rune enchants to use (you can include Rune of the Fallen Crusader in that, I will be 70 soon enough).
    Thank you very much.

Bladen

Closed Thread