+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Squirrelnut's UI 3.0 (addons listed and labeled)

Should just be a checkbox option for that in grid's config "/grid config"

I don't remember offhand but i'll try to update tonight with exactly where that option is if you can't get it to work. Also be sure to download the addons to go with Grid like mana bars and other things like that if you need them. They don't come with the basic grid install.

Addon Hosting

Was wondering if you could make an outlined list of which addons that you're using are hosted on which sites. I use 2 addon updaters (Curse, and WoWMatrix), and about a third of the addons in your pack either aren't recognized by curse (hosted elsewhere), or aren't supported by wowmatrix (not released with a GPL), or both. A breakdown of which ones can be found where would be much appreciated (plugin bundle download links would be the shizz).

Although I use a 1440x900 window for WoW, I'm pretty sure I can trim enough from the borders to get a clean look. Sharing my UI SS once I am comfortable using it. Doubt mine will ever match the quality of your epic naxx screen cap :-)

PS: Used my updaters to update as much as I can so I don't have to deal with an endless string of API errors. Gonna try out the UI tonight and tinker with it, hoping my updates didn't screw anything up.

I am not much of a fan of the auto-updaters since wowmatrix became worthless. To help people out I went ahead and added a download link beside each addon listed in the initial post. Hope that helps

Awesome, thx for the fast response. The conflict over bandwidth that's dividing curse, wowinterface, and wowmatrix kinda screwed us all over. Got the visuals down on most of the stuff in your original package.

Next stage for me is narrowing down what I (as a hunter) will absolutely need for raiding (and keeping the visuals) since my framerate is suffering from the sheer mass of this UI.

Satrina Buff Frames are giving me a lil bit of a fight (API errors and such). Would you mind if I posted my light(er)-weight build after I get all the kinks worked out?

Go for it, if you want I can update the initial post with it if it seems like something others would be interested in since 99% of the world doesn't have a monitor/computer like mine.

That is odd, I have not gotten any errors from Satrina Buff Frames

Had to put down the UI for a bit (got lost in all the bells and whistles). By the time ppl read this post I'll have a forum thread with an ETA on my barebones version.

Also, on SBF, I'll just manually lay it out like it was on your UI and hopefully I'll get it close enough that it isn't an issue.

I like the layout, it's very similar to my own, but why on earth are you wasting 1/3 of your screen for buffs? Puzzling...

At the time I enjoyed the ability to be really zoomed out like that and since I use a 30" monitor at 2560x1600 resolution everything was still nice and big.

However, I do agree it is a waste of space and I have since changed my UI. I suppose I should include an update, i'll add another screenshot to the initial post

It looks a bit cluttered because I just happend to have some various notifications going off at the same time, bad screenshot luck (fissure spawn, sword and board, healing crit, etc) which overlapped with my scrolling combat text a little.

I will modify it some more so that notifications are cleaner and re-update hopefully in the next couple days.
    Last edited by Squirrelnut; 05-19-2009 at 08:00 AM.

Hey noticed you updated your SS. Do you have a download location for the new one (3.1.2)? Also just a request before you upload, could you save your profiles for the addons (as seen in the screenshot) under something besides default? Whenever I update addons the default profile gets reset for some reason, so having one I could retrieve in the options menus would be awesome.

Looking forward to the new download link :-)

EDIT: Trip was rescheduled, leaving tomorrow, hoping for that link (with named profiles saved (^_^) b ) so more ppl can experience the awesomeness of the Squirrelnut UI.
    Last edited by Lavahon; 05-28-2009 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Checking for an edit.

Still modifying things a bit so that notifications from DBM, Quartz & the Scrolling Combat Text do not overlap at all. I have that just about all in place now but I'll try to save some profiles for things and get an updated download this week or this weekend after our progression raids are finished.

Thanks

Mate thanks for the valuable information. I just respeced my Warrior to tank as it is needed in the Guild (too many DPS not enough Tanks lol). ALL the information provided has been very useful especially in relation to UI's.

Thanks Again, here is to a long life as a newby Tank

Glad the info was helpful, I will try to get an updated UI download added in the next couple days

Just wondering what some of your macros are, I can see at least 16, lol.

Most of my macros are completely inconsequential, I am a precision freak and prefer to have a TON of keybinds so that I can press everything individually and manage both rage & threat.

The only macros that have any real use are targeting macro type stuff for Sarth3D, that kind of thing.

What's the bar above your micro menu? A swing timer perhaps?

Yes that is my GCD timer I believe, it comes from Quartz (you can optionally turn on a swing timer as well). Quartz was also for the debuff bars to the left of the Boss I was fighting for Sunder, Thunderclap, Demo Shout however I have since replaced those debuff bars with Auracle for a more precise display of those debuffs.

I will hopefully get an updated screenshot tonight when we raid and I will update the initial post.

Sweet, looking forward to it. Good work by the way. It's nice to see a collective inspiration of great UI's brought together in one that's uber badass.

WTB that update ^.^

Left early for 4th holiday, hopefully raiding tonight &/or tomorrow and will get updated pics/addon list

Updated original post with new screenshot and a labeled version with updated addon list (including links).

+ Reply to Thread