+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Squirrelnut's UI 3.0 (addons listed and labeled)

Finally updated with a new download link which includes profiles for all the addons to present the current version of the UI.

Woot

Thanks a ton man, I'll get right back on that lightweight version in a bit. I got a bunch of stuff on my plate at the moment (new finals in a week and getting the pally to 700 resil before the new season to name a couple). Here's to the end of the raiding downseason!

Looks really nice, a bit to flashy for me to use though :P

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    im gonna start with...how do you get that kind of resolution? i use a 42in and get 1920x1080.
    You are on a HDTV i assume, HD is only at 1080p, which translate to 1920x1080. No higher resolutions available

I won't doubt that 1600p HDTVs will be out in the future though

I am on a 30" monitor not a TV, that is what allows 2560x1600 resolution. I am not aware of any TVs that get close to that resolution yet (like you said HD 1080p is only 1920x1080). My monitor is over 3 years old now so I am sure TV technology is busy trying to catch up

How'd you do that?

I am trying to set up my UI the way i see yours in the thread and i can get prat to change the size of the text window or frame or what ever you call it i have all the addons that you have showing except recount and fubar but i can't make it fit. if you could try to relay how you got it to look like that. i would appreciate it.

- Adjust your chat window to be smaller and adjust the fonts within Prat.
    - Make Recount and Omen as compact as possible while still displaying relevant information that you need.
    - Adjust your minimap size as needed with Chinchilla.
    - Adjust your action bars sizes in Dominos
    - Adjust your combat log width to be as small as possible while still easily showing what you need.

I am not sure what info you really need from me, basically every piece can be sized and you adjust them all to fit your resolution. Just takes some tweaking.

thanks

thanks for trying but it's not me or you I've been messing with the settings in prat and it changes nothing in my interface so i am going to try uninstalling it and reinstalling if that dosn't work i'll look for a different addon that can do the same thing. thanks again.

How do you remove the background on Grid i can't seem to find the option

Any chance for an update? I've been trying to find a UI for 2560x1600 and yours looks really good.

Great looking UI Squirrel. I can tell you put a lot of thought, time, and test drives into it. Im curious as to if you use bloodrage ever?

What kind of technique do you use when starting a fight?
    I typically will use taunt (won't miss with glyph of taunt), and then follow up with heroic throw as it's rageless cost. My issues occur now that it is nearly impossible to hit cap, with end game gear.

For instance, when I taunt pull, but am too close to charge, I end up with not even enough rage to SB. This, in turn, will cause me to temporarily lose agro and have to taunt again.

Also, what are you pressing during the fight to continue to hold agro. Any advice or knowledge you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thx, I definitely use bloodrage either before fights start or during low rage situations during a fight.

I generally prefer to start fights with a charge for the nice initial rage burst and aggro. It lets me position things just how I want, get threat with charge/thunderclap/shockwave and then proceed with the normal tanking rotation.

I never pull with a taunt, it is a waste of an emergency button as well as potentially causing issues with diminishing returns when there is no need. We have charge/warbringer we should always be able to move in first and get aggro without relying on taunt for anything except picking up potential stragglers (not counting specific situations such as anub'arak ad tanking).

You should always be able to control your distance so charge should be available to you and help with starting rage to begin your threat rotation. All else fails keep in mind you can taunt/mocking blow/aoe taunt but that should never really happen unless you mess something up.

Great. Thanks for the advice bud.

Btw, do you use a Razer Naga mouse? Your domino's set up is very similar to mine and I use a Naga.

Na, I use a G5 at the moment. Used to like DeathAdders but the scroll wheel kept dyin on em

Cool. I think I've finally got my UI set up nearly likes your, and just the way I like it. Can i post it on this thread? I want to see what you think of it, as I'm running a lower resolution monitor.

Sure, I have actually modified a 1280x1024 version as well for when I am at work on an alt lawl
    Last edited by Squirrelnut; 11-03-2009 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I'm still stuck with a 4:3 1152x864 resolution.
    me too, but i like my UI as i have it, probably the only thing i wish i could have is more room so my addons aren't so squished, but i actually managed to make a pretty clean UI IMO, with the little space i have...
    Last edited by Death Golem; 12-07-2009 at 07:10 AM.

Hey Squirrel-

I saw you had this addon in your kit: FuBar_TankInfosFu and I was wondering how to set it up.

I assume the first two variables are suppose to be lvl 83 for the mob and I wasn't sure the parry rating for that lvl.

The variables from your WTF had it at lvl 73 and 15%.

The mod is out of date with no updates, but I like seeing my total avoidance so I don't have to add it all up myself...=P

Vistar
    BEHOLD, the Fork of Truth
    -Richard LFG

It is true the addon hasn't been updated in a while so I simply haven't been using it of late so I am not much help. I did see mention that you could change mob level so that you can see how you would compare in a fight against a lvl 85 etc.

I need to update this thread at some point this week with a revised addon list and screenshots because I have adjusted my UI.

Update!

Update please!!! :PP

+ Reply to Thread