+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Squirrelnut's UI 3.0 (addons listed and labeled)

Squirrelnut's UI 3.x (addons listed and labeled)

Hello everyone,

I originally thought I would put this in the main 'show your ui' topic but as there is a lot to it and I figured I would included a fair amount of information a new topic seemed like it may be more useful for people in their search for a UI that appeals to them.

To start off I want to thank Ciderhelm, Satrina & Caulle as they were the main inspirations for my UI which is still a work in progress.

Originally I just tried to make everything look really good but that seemed to limit its ease of use and the whole point of a good UI is to combine both appearance but more importantly good functionality.

My UI is unique because of the monitor and resolution I play on: 2560x1600 on my 30" lcd. I believe most web-browsers automatically re-size images however if they do not or if these cause any issues for the forum please let me know and I will re-size.

Squirrelnut's UI - Raid

Squirrelnut's UI - labeled

Addon List (alphabetical - visible ones are listed in bold) - Here is a listing of the Addons which I use and find very helpful

Aloft - Nameplate addon, shows threat and various other options - Aloft - Addons - Curse
    AlphaMap - Map options - AlphaMap - Addons - Curse
    Atlas - Instance maps - Atlas - Addons - Curse
    AtlasLoot - Instance boss drops - Atlasloot Enhanced - Addons - Curse
    Auctioneer - Auction house tool and more - Auctioneer addon for World of Warcraft
    Auracle - Buff / Debuff custom monitor to track the skills you want positioned where you want - Auracle (De)Buff Monitor - Addons - Curse
    Bagnon - Bag management very nice to have basically turns all your bags into 1 simple window - Bagnon - Addons - Curse
    Cartographer - Map and location mod - Cartographer - Addons - Curse
    Chinchilla - Minimap mod for size, shape, etc - Chinchilla Minimap - Addons - Curse
    CowTip - Tooltip mod with a ton of customizable information, placement, etc - CowTip - Addons - Curse
    DeadlyBossMods - Raid and instance boss information and timers that can be announced to party/raid - Deadly Boss Mods :: A World of Warcraft AddOn
    Digits (by Satrina) - Simple but very useful health/rage info - Digits - Addons - Curse
    Dominos - Button and bar management - Dominos - Addons - Curse
    ErrorRedirect - Removes the notifications such as 'Skill isn't ready' and puts them into the chat frame of your choosing. - WoW AddOns - Message Redirect - CurseForge.com
    Fubar - Bar information addon with a huge amount of plugins that work with it - FuBar 3.6 - Addons - Curse & Various addon links: WoWInterface Downloads : FuBar
    • AmmoFu - Ammo
    • BagFu - Bags
    • ClockFu - Clock
    • DominosFu - Dominos management
    • DungeonDiFu - Dungeon difficultry management
    • DurabilityFu - Durability
    • FactionsFu - Factions
    • FriendsFu - Friends
    • GuildFu - Guild
    • InnboundFu - Keeps track of your hearth location
    • InstanceInfoFu - Keeps track of what instances have been done and what you are saved to
    • LocationFu - Your location
    • MailFu - Mail
    • MCPFu - List of addons both on and off
    • MicroMenuFu - replaces the WoW info bar
    • MoneyFu - Keeps track of your money
    • PerformanceFu - Keeps track of your ping, fps, etc
    • RecountFu - Recount management
    • TankInfosFu - Tank info statistics
    • tcgTradeskills - Keep track of your trade skills and allow for easy management and linking
    • UIReloadFu - Easily reload your UI
    • VoiceFu - Keeps track of who is talking in vent etc
    • VolumeFu - Volume management
    GraphPaper - Puts exact lines on your screen to easily line things up and hide when finished - GraphPaper : WoWInterface Downloads : Graphic UI Mods
    Grid - Raid & Party unit frames, probably the most compact and versital unit frames mod with a TON of options. Takes some tweaking to learn how to setup just how you want. Also get some of the Grid addons to show mana bars and other stuff like that. - Grid - Addons - Curse & Grid Guide: World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Grid Users Guide
    LightHeaded - Adds wowhead.com info and comments to your quest log in-game! - LightHeaded : WoWInterface Downloads : Quest/Leveling/Reputation Mods
    MikScrollingBattleText - Customizable scrolling combat text - MikScrollingBattleText - Addons - Curse
    Omen - Threat meter - Omen Threat Meter - Addons - Curse
    OmniCC - Cooldown timers - OmniCC - Addons - Curse
    Pitbull - Unit frames management (huge amount of options) - PitBull Unit Frames 3.0 - Addons - Curse
    Prat - Text modification and customization option, very nice to have - WoW AddOns - Prat 3.0 - WowAce.com
    Quartz - Cast bar addon with various sections such as the GCD timer which I have turned on - Quartz - Addons - Curse
    Recount - Damage, healing, etc meters - Recount - Addons - Curse
    SatrinaBuffFrame - Custom buff / debuff management, I have mine separated into 3 bars (one for most buffs, one for my self buffs, 1 for debuffs) - Satrina Buff Frames 3 : WoWInterface Downloads : Buff/Debuff/Spell Mods
    SunnArt - Artwork and window sizing (actually changes the amount you can see on your screen similar to CBH Viewport) - Sunn - Viewport Art - Addons - Curse

FAQ
    Q: What is that buff addon that lets you have them up in the top left of the screen like that?
    A: Satrina Buff Frame - Also note that I have debuffs shown in the top right of the screen but the only one up at the time was 'Sated' from a prior bloodlust.

Q: What raid frame is that and how is it organized?
    A: Grid - it has a million options and I have some additional plugins for it such as showing mana bars and I have it set to auto-size so it shows 25, 10 or even 5 party members based on the group I am in automatically.

Q: What are the enrage and lighting timer bars?
    A: Deadly Boss Mods - I placed it just to the right of any mob I fight so that I can easily see anything coming up

Q: What is the Sunder Armor, Thunder Clap & Demo Shout buff addon to the left of the target?
    A: Auracle - It is very useful to have clear timers showing whether you have the needed debuffs applied to your target like sunder armor, tc, etc so I have them setup in Auracle to show those 3. When I switch to my DPS spec I replace them with one for Rend making it easy to see if something needs to be refreshed

Q: What are those rage/health bars and how are they separated like that?
    A: Pitbull - I only display my character rage bar (you can't separate rage & health so this is the work-around), below I have my target (General or Thorim) and my target of target (Me) which works well since I am a tank and most things I fight should be targeting me. Thanks to Ciderhelm for the inspiration

Q: What is the mod that shows your health/rage numbers in green & red?
    A: Satrina's Digits

Q: What makes the screen wide like that and what is the artwork? Does it cover the game so you see less?
    A: SunnArt - It puts borders on the top/bottom of the screen that do not cover anything they actually allow you to see more by in effect zooming out so you simply see more to the sides without losing anything on top or bottom. The graphic I use is from the art packs you can get to go with SunnArt. This is very similar to the mod Ciderhelm uses called CBH Viewport

Q: How do you see mana bars and other things for raid members?
    A: There are various modular addons you can get for grid such as mana bars. Also you can set grid to either show or hide player pets which is very helpful for encounters such as Mally where you need to see people's dragons.

Q: How do you have the action bars like that?
    A: I use a bar addon called Dominos that has great features and many bars

NEW Download of Squirrelnut's UI (7/09 current version)
    Some people have requested a download for this UI so I am including that link here: DOWNLOAD

**Installation - Squirrelnut UI 3.09
    Thanks to Caulle who created these instructions for his UI installation
    1. Go into your Warcraft Directory.
    2. Back up your Interface and WTF folders.
    3. Extract the Interface and WTF folders into your main WoW directory.
    4. Go into the newly extracted WTF folder.
    • Rename "ACCOUNTNAME" to your account name in all caps.
    • Rename "Server" to your server.
    • Rename "Character" to your Character name.
    5. Open WoW and select the profile I created for the various addons listed below named "Squirrelnut_7-9"
    • Auracle
    • Chinchilla
    • CowTip
    • Dominos
    • Fubar
    • Grid
    • MikScrollingBattleText
    • Omen
    • Pitbull
    • Prat
    • Quartz
    • Recount
    • SatrinaBuffFrame
    • SunnArt
    ** Most addon profiles can be accessed through your interface > addons menu in wow including: Auracle, Chinchilla, Dominos, MikScrollingBattleText, Omen, Prat, Recount, Satrina Buff Frames

However some addons do not appear in that list. To access them you need to use a typed / command: "/cowtip config", "/fubar config", "/grid config", "/pitbull config", "/quartz config", "sunnart config"

** Note - This is customized around a 2560x1600 resolution so it will likely be really messed up on other people's screens. Also the file is VERY large (77meg zip file) in part because of the SunnArt Artwork Packs which I had in my Addons folder. I am not sure which one I have in place so I left them all included so people can choose which one they want and can remove the others.

** Note2 - I emulated what Caulle did with his packaging structure of the interface and wtf folders as well as the installation instruction txt file. I still think people are better off simply emulating the UI on their own so that it fits their resolution but I am including this zip file anyway for those who want it.

Please leave suggestions/requests and I will try to help as I can.
    Last edited by Squirrelnut; 07-11-2009 at 09:56 PM.

im gonna start with...how do you get that kind of resolution? i use a 42in and get 1920x1080.

i like the layout though. may have to ninja a few of your ideas. what gives you those bars across the top and bottom? any chance of an upload or something of your WTF folder to try this out? thanks

Bars across top and bottom are the SunnArt window sizing thing similar to CBH Viewport that Ciderhelm uses. It is labeled as #1

2560x1600 is on 30" dell monitors. 42" is a tv and they can't handle the same kind of res as a monitor

being an lcd i disagree with that...but anyways...

i missed the "artwork" part on the sunnart. dl'in now...ill let you know if i have any issues settin up. thanks.

EDIT: where do you get the lightheaded addon?
    Last edited by jettzypher; 12-27-2008 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    EDIT: where do you get the lightheaded addon?
    LightHeaded : WoWInterface Downloads : Quest/Leveling/Reputation Mods

ah ha...the one site i didnt try (for some stupid reason). thanks. i picked up dominos and sunn (took some searching to find the artwork pack with the bar like you have...all the others are gheysauce). thanks alot, may have to post my screenshot to compare. =P

I completely over-hauled my UI and replaced the image as well as including a FAQ so that people have most questions answered. Let me know if anyone has any additional suggestions or questions.

I don't know why but it takes like 6 seconds for a screenshot to go through which makes it so my scrolling combat text doesn't show up as it normally would as I fight. Anyone have any ideas on how to improve that? Might just be because my resolution is so large

moved to UI compilations
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

That resolution makes me drool... I'm still stuck with a 4:3 1152x864 resolution.
    Abyssul's UI, please comment or download.

I'd like to download your UI, if it's possible to put it up, seriously. It's the first UI I've seen that I actually really like, nothing I would want to change at all. At least would like to know which artwork that is, I can't seem to find it (Really love the simple look!). =|
    Last edited by jaykaylol; 04-01-2009 at 05:31 AM.

I would try to throw it up for download but considering it is all set for 2560x1600 I don't think that would really work. Honestly I think everyone is best off finding a UI they like and then simply emulating it with options they set themselves so they know exactly what is what and it fits their resolution perfectly.

I have heard people want to use the artwork pack that I have in place for the SunnArt addon (all the others are pretty retarded looking) so I will check to see which one it is when I get home from work tonight as I don't remember off the top of my head.

Thanks for the compliment on the UI
    Last edited by Squirrelnut; 04-01-2009 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    im gonna start with...how do you get that kind of resolution? i use a 42in and get 1920x1080.

i like the layout though. may have to ninja a few of your ideas. what gives you those bars across the top and bottom? any chance of an upload or something of your WTF folder to try this out? thanks
    Allmost sure he means 24", i got 24" and same resolution

Just upload it, and people can adjust it to their screen
    Great UI.
    Personally I want your grid settings since Grid is a pain to set up, but lovely to use : )

I think people would be better off emulating it on their own but with that being said I went ahead and updated the original post with a download link of the UI.

The zip file includes the Interface & WTF folders based off of what Caulle did since I have not packaged my UI before as well as installation instructions similar to his.

If anyone has any other requests/suggestions feel free to let me know and I will update the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    I think people would be better off emulating it on their own but with that being said I went ahead and updated the original post with a download link of the UI.

The zip file includes the Interface & WTF folders based off of what Caulle did since I have not packaged my UI before as well as installation instructions similar to his.

If anyone has any other requests/suggestions feel free to let me know and I will update the original post.
    Thanks a lot of the upload, was able to size it down to my resolution. =D

That is great news! It might be a help for the community if you would send me a screenshot of your version of this UI with the modified resolution and I will add it to the initial post so that people can see what is possible.

EDIT: Actually just host it on some free site and post it here and i will copy it and add to the initial thread

I could not figure out how to resize everything so I had to do away with it.

Some thoughts - You should take the macros tabs out of the wft folders as all of your macros are transfered with it (guild vent info

Aside from that I liked it and would like to see a resized optoin. However I was able to play with the mods you have installed and configure them for how they worked better for me. So it got me moving forward better ideas.

Thanks, OAF

Thanks for the update, I am removing that and will put up the new version in a second. Luckily that info was from an old vent that doesn't even exist anymore so no worries

EDIT: Meh does it really matter that I have macro stuff in there since the vent doesn't exist? I am at work and don't really have time to mess with it at the moment.

No problem just didnt want you to have thoes anoying people popping in vent when you are trying to do the 76 sec 3D kill

The screen resolution looks awesome! I have 1 question: How can u config Grid to show the player's pets grid plz?

+ Reply to Thread