+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zone Minimums for Wrath.

Zone Minimums for Wrath.

I was wondering if anyone had started to compile a set of Zone Minimums for EH, Avoidance, Armor, or Stam for:

Naxx 10/25
    OS 10/25
    Archavon 10/25
    Malygos 10/25

If no one has mabye we as a community could start plugging in recomendations and seeing if we can come up with a average.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

This looks like a good news topic to be created soon. =x

The problem is our last zone minimums came after both t5 and t6 were released, let alone ZA. Right now with only 1 tier level of progression released it'll just be heroics, 10mans, 25mans. Really the only 25 man that I imagine being a ramp up from the rest is Malygos.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

That is true, but it might be helpful for people to see when there ready for the stuff they can do right now. Might save alot of "am I ready" posts
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Level 80 blues and heroic epics, maybe. But most of server firsts were won in t6.5 anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Level 78+ blues is the minimum for all current content. Having heroic gear makes stuff easier ofc.

Zone Minimums:

Naxxramas: Level 80
    Obsidian Sanctum: Level 80
    Archavon: A pulse
    Eye of Eternity: Level 80 and a couple pieces of heroic or badge gear

Obviously if you're having trouble, getting more gear will help. Everything can be compensated for with coordination and player skill, however.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

I was just wondering the same thing... where did the EH suggestions for raids go! But I agree, until there is more content it seem pretty basic.

If you're defense capped you should be totally fine for Naxx 10, OS 10, and Archavon. If you are dying it is not an issue of gear but an issue of healing. In fact with good healing we did a few 10 man bosses on a tank that was eating crits for 14k on some of the early bosses.

Malygos hits a tad harder. You may wanna put an hp minimum on for him like 23k or 24k+.

For 25 mans you just need 24k or 25k unbuffed hps to be fine for most stuff assuming you have all buffs. More is always better, you may have a difficult time in stuff like KT or Malygos if you eat big hits like that but its more then enough to get started.

Obviously you have to compensate if your healing is low or your dps is low since the fights will start to strain your raid in different ways. Theres really no reason you cannot tank most of the 25 man content completely in blues or heroic purples. The avoidance isn't even worth looking at, if you are defense capped you will have enough. Its the health that matters more.

Its hard to make a general guide for this. Every guild will be different depending on the individual skill of the players and the gear of the healers and dps. You'll never know till you actually try but the minimum bar to do this stuff is very low. Beyond that you are just compensating for other shortcomings or easing things up to allow less healers or different raid makeups.

+ Reply to Thread