+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strength Gemming/Enchanting Still being Used?

Strength Gemming/Enchanting Still being Used?

Seems talk about geming and enchanting shields and gloves with Strength was more popular at the launch of Wotlk, now I am hearing more talk about gemming/enchanting Expertise.

Q. Is strength fine with the numbers that come with the gear alone or are you gemming/enchanting with it?

Q. Is that extra BV from Strength doing a lot more for people with high Block Rating?
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. -Hunter Thompson

Q1: I will socket str, probably not enchant as I will be wanting more STA there.

Q2: Yes.

STR has become a really desirable stat, as increases your AP (*lists all abilities that get modified by AP*) and increases your SBV, wich boosts your TPS (and DPS) like... a lot

Hope it helps,
    Regards,
    J

From what I've experienced and read, enchanting/gemming for expertise / hit rating is a lot more effective then enchanting/gemming for strength for DPS and TPS. This unless you are already hit or expertise capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzlestick View Post
    From what I've experienced and read, enchanting/gemming for expertise / hit rating is a lot more effective then enchanting/gemming for strength for DPS and TPS. This unless you are already hit or expertise capped.

This is pretty much it and its difficult to hit both exp and hit cap at the same time in the current gear. I'm exp capped (vs. dodge) and working on hit. I think at that point, +hit is still the best way to stack damage.

That said, strength is a worthy stat....I just would rather drop the +8exp/+12 stam gems in red slots than +16 Str. Even so, I wouldn't call it wrong, just more to personal taste.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

+ Reply to Thread