+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trinket choice, very difficult

Trinket choice, very difficult

Well the math is solid so which two trinkets should I use? choices are
    option A
    option b
    option c

using the two jcing trinkets gives 281 stam total
    using the crab and the essence gives 265 but a proc. which do you think would be more effective for surviving as a tank?

I would wear option A and option C the use on option B is pretty much useless.

A if just 1.

A and C if 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Hautla View Post
    I would wear option A and option C the use on option B is pretty much useless.
    that's a lot of stam to pass up.

well, 15 stam isn't extremely huge, but I can understand your point (after remaking my post, and realizing that my math was off )

oh, and hi everybody, I'm new here.
    Last edited by Caitierose; 12-26-2008 at 12:09 AM.

Except the original poster is a jewelcrafter, because those are JC-only trinkets. So they not only have 41-stamina gems, they have 41-stamina gems they can toss on that hare and still get the stam bonus.

I find mine useful mainly in Wintergrasp, when the siege engine is juuuust outrunning you... ;p

It's true that the Gossamer has a nice proc and a lot of stam, so there's no reason to disdain it, as it were. But getting it's not a priority.

yea... I realized after my post, that I had made a bit of a mistake with the math XD

I currently use A and B myself with +24/41 stam in the Crab, and 2x +41stam in the Hare in order to activate both bonuses.

I'd rather have the static HP boost, (+25 stam isn't anything to scoff at), than to have a Proc of 2% and hope that all 4k got used up within 10 seconds.

Either way, you can't really go wrong. If you have the Essence, and want to save your prismatic gems for something else, use the essence. If you don't have the Essence, the crafting mats are cheap on the JC trinkets, and the gems are easy enough to obtain.

depends on what your health pool is somewhat, i use the crab have the gossamer and could make the hare, but usually im using the crab and valor medal, i think 84 dodge is < another 1k health in most situations. Just my 2 copper tho

I use the 2 jc trinkets, the crab with +24 stam and +12 def (need to put a 16 in there), and the hare with a str/stam gem and a 41 stam dragon's eye.

My plan is, when I pick up the T7 chest, I'm going to regem the hare for dodge or def/str to keep the bonus, and move the 41 stam gem onto something with a higher ilevel. The overall goal is to remove the hare from circulation because frankly I'm kind of peeved that the best trinkets for me right now are level 75 blues. I'll also be looking forward to getting rid of the crab (perhaps an epic crab coming down the pipeline at some point...)

But that just brings me to the topic of... why do trinkets suck so hard right now? There is nothing that I'm just drooling over atm. Sure I'd grab a def trinket just in case I go down under the cap upgrading to naxx gear, and thats once of the nice things about having the JC trinkets is you can customize them to fit what your gear needs are at any given time, but that doesn't mean they are anything more than stam slots right now. And it bothers me that there isn't anything cool enough to warrant using them for anything other than stam slots either.

Here's hoping that changes sooner rather than later.

I was using the crab till i got Defender's Code :P i never thought of using the hare and crab though. Maybe once i get a bit better geared i'll make them for heavier hitting bosses like 25 man patchwerk and stuff of the sort but until that happens i'll be fine on the low end of 30k hp. Also btw, you can only have 3 jc bop gems socketed which 123 stam on 3 sockets is still awesome so if you decided to load up the trinkets with solid dragon's eye x3 you're looking at around +273(290 math error :P) stam just on trinkets alone given you also socket a solid sky sapphire.
    Last edited by rmd83; 12-28-2008 at 04:55 AM. Reason: correction

+ Reply to Thread