+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2nd new monitor... FPS drop. help

2nd new monitor... FPS drop. help

I was running a 24" and 19.1" monitors till about two days ago when I got myself a 28". The resolution on the 24" remained the same, however I repalced the 19 with the 28 and I bumped the resolution up a bit. However now not only is WoW running very sluggish, but also other programs. Is there a way to fix this other then droping the resolution down on the 28" ?

what video card?

was the old monitor DVI or Analog?

How many outputs on your card?

upgrade the card maybe.

card: NVID 8800 GTS
    output: hdmi
    outputs on card: 2
    both resolutions @ 1920 x 1200

Sadly i do not think an 8800 GTS could handle two monitors running at 1920x1080 on many games let alone WoW. I mean WoW is not as graphically intense as other games or MMOs but i'm running a 4870 on 1650x1080 and im still having slow downs every now and then. Half the time my carde isnt even capped at 60fps.

Well I have wow running on one monitor and everything else vent, winamp, aim, & opera) on the second. Thus WoW's resolution did not change, the only thign taht changed with me getting thsi second monitor is the resolution of the second monitor which only has programs which are independant of resoltion(?) Thus I'm slightly confused why the pc is running very slugish all the sudden.

try updating all of your drivers ... also check if its connected with HDMI if its trying to output in HD, then it will require more system requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreg View Post
    try updating all of your drivers ... also check if its connected with HDMI if its trying to output in HD, then it will require more system requirements.
    well it is in hdmi, but so was my last monitor. a driver cd came with the monitor but its only for vista so i didnt bother installing.

Try setting back the resolution to the old value. Tell us the results.
    I want your hot dog (The one in the avatar).

+ Reply to Thread