+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time Lost Proto Drake

Time Lost Proto Drake

Hey Guys,

Kinda wondering if anyone has any info/tips on trying to camp this Uber Rare spawn?

What I can somewhat safely deduce from research is that:
    1) TLPD shares a Spawn timer with another rare, namely Vyragosa
    2) TLPD is a rare % chance spawn with Vyragosa, i.e. only one of the 2 spawns at a given spawn time
    3) TLPD supposedly despawns about 13-15 minutes after it spawns
    4) Supposedly has 3 spawn points

does any of you out there have any experience to share on this Rare?

Much appreciated..

Cheers
    Damage Meters are like Boobs, they both draw my attention away from my Threatmeter!!
    Chops of Shandris

Look at the Wowhead entry for it, there's probably over a thousand comments on it. Not a lot of merit to start an entire thread on it, as nothing has been ruled as confirmed.

Yeah, the entries on wowhead said that it also shares its spawnpoint with yet another dragon, Dirkee on top of Vyragosa.

It usually passes that Abberation-Plagued-Proto-Drake village but generally flies higher up.

Theres also a couple of theories on its route path in WoWhead's TLPD comments box.

I ran into Vyragosa once when I was autoflying while alt-tabbed...I was sad that it wasnt TLPD

My advice is don't try and camp it. Seems it's been stated by GMs that it NOT spawning between server resets is not a bug. Some servers still don't have it in their databases, meaning no one has killed and looted it since WotLK release on that server. Also, note the majority of coordinates posted on WoWHead are kill spots, not spawn spots. People sit there and camp these coordinates and see nothing for weeks.

When I found mine, I was just casually flying back to Frosthold to turn in quests, and happened to see it flying past Bor's Breath. I didn't go out hunting for it.

Dirkee is actually not a dragon, it's a named mechanical gnome north of Engine of the Makers.

Considering 2 people in my guild farmed it and got it in 2-3 days each, i'd guess it's definitively farmable.

The fact i cba doing it is another thing.
    Worlde - Prot Paladin
    Darkworldie - Tank DW Frost DK
    Uord - Prot Warrior
    Huordie - Feral / Resto Druid

I would never try to farm it, far too much luck involved. Ancient Cyclops anyone? I'd much rather earn it through other means, such as Glory of the Hero - Achievement - World of Warcraft. But I am stuck on Gotta Go! - Achievement - World of Warcraft, guess it's more Pinnacle and Oracle eggs for me

Quote Originally Posted by Omok View Post
    Dirkee is actually not a dragon, it's a named mechanical gnome north of Engine of the Makers.
    Yes youre right, my bad there. Though rumor has it he shares the same timer/spawn point? Again - these are just rumors.

The 6hrs respawn timer may mean... 6 hours minimum. Some server have gone through weeks without even seeing one... i guess thats why its called time-lost... should get the drake a watch or something.

I think it's called Time-Lost to mock the people who will be farming it, and how much time they will lose to the game ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Omok View Post
    I think it's called Time-Lost to mock the people who will be farming it, and how much time they will lose to the game ^^
    I think you are spot on there mate, but hey chops i would say to save your self the time and pain just make it a frequent route you pass by when doing quests and other things youre bound to pass sooner or later

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Some servers still don't have it in their databases, meaning no one has killed and looted it since WotLK release on that server.
    Wouldn't that just mean that the item it drops hasn't been seen since the last server reset? And since the item disappears once you "learn" it, that it's entirely possible someone has it?

all i know is this is one hell of a time dump...i dont mind too much myself cause i spend alot of time doing nothing in game anyhow...but i flew around for HOURS the other day and did nothing but mine nodes i found on my path.

however...i am determined, and i will find it.

Not at all convinced that Dirkee has anything to do w/TL or Vyra, I killed Dirkee no less than an hour after TL was downed.

Killed Vyra 5 times now, Seen her dead 2 additional.
    Dirkee Killed once, only time i've ever seen it.
    TL seen the Rotting, Laughing at me, carcase once =P (I missed him by mins, as his body despawned about 25 mins later.

GL and Good hunting!

When I was working on getting my TLPD I would just log in in the area he was seen spawning in and log out in that area. Would make a macro that said /tar time and fly around for a few min. I eventually got him after bout a week. I think its a nice looking proto drake. Better then the green one. I think they should have made it a feat of str though

Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Got the Time Lost!

Well after 3 months! I Finnaly got the Time-Lost Proto Drake. Yes i did farm him for a long itme, and for many hours on end. Ive killed Vraygosa 3 times and seen the body of Time-Lost once. but this morn as i log on and get in my norm pos 2 camp before work. i finnaly see him flying. WOOT! Such a Sweet mount. Still crazy happy. good luck guys, cya online =P

+ Reply to Thread